vs Texas 2003 Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
great comeback

challenging game

Crockett (the so-called headcase), Turner (undesize post), Battle (speedy), Annie (just Annie), Jessica (couldnt go right) Maria (steady Eddy)

No-Look zip pass to Crockett

500 Wins

lot of FT misses

Lady Vols Killer

Reaction Score
Like the guy said all year, "We have Diana and you don't."

Exclamation point.

Until you understand the truth of that statement you can understand how the guy can rub people the wrong way.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the announce has been calling games for a while... #timeforachange

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That was a crazy game that Texas really had at 50-41, but somehow, UConn came back. Taurasi hit some HUGE shots down the stretch. Diana scored what, 55 pints combined in the national semis and championship game?

Would have been nice for Jody to have won another championship in addition to 1986, but she spent 2004-2007 letting her program languish. The cupboard was bare for Coach G.

Reaction Score
Like the guy said all year, "We have Diana and you don't."

Exclamation point.

Until you understand the truth of that statement you can understand how the guy can rub people the wrong way.

I do not recall Coach Auriemma making that exclamation the entire year, but he definitely iterated it prior to the national championship game against Tennessee.

That was a tough game for Texas to lose. They played well enough to win. Sometimes it becomes tougher to hold on to leads late in games when shot selection becomes an issue.

Reaction Score
I do not recall Coach Auriemma making that exclamation the entire year, but he definitely iterated it prior to the national championship game against Tennessee.

That was a tough game for Texas to lose. They played well enough to win. Sometimes it becomes tougher to hold on to leads late in games when shot selection becomes an issue.
Not sure if it came through clearly but it wasn't me saying Geno said we have Diana and you don't all year. I was just quoting Geno himself in the intro. He's the one saying he said it all year.

Reaction Score
great comeback

challenging game

Crockett (the so-called headcase), Turner (undesize post), Battle (speedy), Annie (just Annie), Jessica (couldnt go right) Maria (steady Eddy)

No-Look zip pass to Crockett

500 Wins

lot of FT misses

Lady Vols Killer

Guess that's about the closest they ever cam to beating us.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Socking speling miscues in this thread. Beware the Agent Orange syndrome!

Reaction Score
Three and a half to go, Longhorns up 6, and the clutch shooter extraordinaire, the "ball hog chick" straps a bazooka to her right shoulder and fires a round through the entire Texas defense. Crockett from 2 feet. UConn down 4. Championship #4 was forty-three minutes and change away because we had Diana and Texas didn't.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
those turnovers pissed me off tho (over 10 years later)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This game has always stood out to me - probably the only game (certainly the only NCAA game) where I completely despaired of Uconn being able to win for most of the second half, that they actually came back and won on unbelievable play after play. Will's incredible rebounds, D's three's and final strip - just amazing.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc said:
those turnovers pissed me off tho (over 10 years later)
that 2003 squad was as endearing as it got, but yes, they were a turnover machine that season. A thorn in the side that they nevertheless overcame.

Reaction Score
I just watched the replay and DT proved why she is a great player. Geno was quoted previously as saying that DT leading that new team to a NC was the biggest accomplishment by a WCBB player. Who am I to disagree!!!

Reaction Score
I just watched the replay and DT proved why she is a great player. Geno was quoted previously as saying that DT leading that new team to a NC was the biggest accomplishment by a WCBB player. Who am I to disagree!!!
More importantly, why would anyone disagree? What's the competition for best single season accomplishment by a WCBB player?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
The look in Will's eyes when she snagged that last rebound was priceless. She doesn't emote much, and she didn't emote there, but there was a look.

Also, you guys have got to stop posting these links because I can't resist watching them. So I lost an hour and a half of yard work potential yesterday when I came across this. With shorter days, that hurts. I'm weak. I admit it. Please help. Thank you.

Reaction Score
This game has always stood out to me - probably the only game (certainly the only NCAA game) where I completely despaired of Uconn being able to win for most of the second half, that they actually came back and won on unbelievable play after play. Will's incredible rebounds, D's three's and final strip - just amazing.

If you are referring to Texas' last shot attempt, the ball clearly slipped out of her hands on the shot. It was not a strip.

Reaction Score
I couldn't take it anymore - finally had to re-watch. I was at that game, but had never seen the replay/TV commentary. Great adrenaline rush! (Maybe can skip the gym today!)

Loved DT's "find a way to win" confidence. Hard to tell what you're made of when you always win by 30

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Also, you guys have got to stop posting these links because I can't resist watching them. So I lost an hour and a half of yard work potential yesterday when I came across this. With shorter days, that hurts. I'm weak. I admit it. Please help. Thank you.
It is a nice story, but I ain't buying! While I am sure you spent the hour and a half watching the game, no way the alternative was 1.5 hours of yard work! I know you had already lined up three other 'procrastination occupations' prior to being tempted by the Texas game!:cool:
(I have absolute faith in you abilities, you see!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom