Vote for Best Women's Basketball Player | The Boneyard

Vote for Best Women's Basketball Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Looking good so far for all the UCONN players, except Moore vs. Catchings. I think when Maya gets to be Tamika's age, there will be no doubt as to who was better, but Maya is so young. She's better than Catch now, and has been for several years, but Catch has had a long and terrific career. Love seeing Parker losing to Swoopes...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Final four would be Miller vs. DT on left side of the bracket & Leslie vs Cooper on right.
from there it gets tough. I would pick Miller vs. Leslie for the finals with Miller being the Winner.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Leslie vs Staley is a no contest.
I can't believe Holdsclaw wasn't on there.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Maya is to win against Tamika Chatchings, the BY will have to get behind her. Closest vote so far. 51% Tamka 49% Maya

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If Maya is to win against Tamika Chatchings, the BY will have to get behind her. Closest vote so far. 51% Tamka 49% Maya
That changed big time from when I voted earlier today - it was Catch at about 60% and Maya at about 40%... Go BY!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maya now up 52-48%... Never underestimate the power of the BY!! Side note - if you have more than one internet explorer (chrome, opera, firefox, IE, etc), you can vote once on each...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The problem with polls like this is that many voters have never seen some of the players. Lieberman, Myers, Miller??? It automatically puts them at a disadvantage.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Find it a really hard thing to vote against Catch - she is such a fabulous player. Love Maya, but Catch has been doing it for soon long. I may have to abstain on that one - and I bleed national flag blue!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The problem with polls like this is that many voters have never seen some of the players. Lieberman, Myers, Miller??? It automatically puts them at a disadvantage.
agreed. Also not to include a 3x NCAA champ, and Nasmith Player of the Centry. Is a HUGE oversize.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
agreed. Also not to include a 3x NCAA champ, and Nasmith Player of the Centry. Is a HUGE oversize.
I think the shortened career and obvious troubled personal life, and the felony conviction are probably the reason to leave her out if you are referring to Holdsclaw. A great player when her mind was right. With only 16 players chosen, there were a number of other players left out as well. And those chosen were certainly deserving.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Not really.....

Taurasi
Leslie
Cooper
Miller
Swoopes
Bird
Jackson
Moore
Sorry I'd take Parker over Swoopes.
Maya - Catchings might be the closest of the matchups.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Ahem.

Please, try oversight next time.

Like other Boneyarders I welcome your thoughts and opinions here. To make you feel welcome, you get a pass for the little typos in centry and Nasmith. To help you feel like a member of the BY community you earn an "ahem" for the oversize oversight. ;)

Welcome aboard! :)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think the shortened career and obvious troubled personal life, and the felony conviction are probably the reason to leave her out if you are referring to Holdsclaw. A great player when her mind was right. With only 16 players chosen, there were a number of other players left out as well. And those chosen were certainly deserving.
Yes I was talking about Holdsclaw.
Yes she did have a break down. No denying her talent. One of the best I've ever seen. Also just elected to NYC Basketball HOF.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes I was talking about Holdsclaw.
Yes she did have a break down. No denying her talent. One of the best I've ever seen. Also just elected to NYC Basketball HOF.
I agree that there might have been a couple oversized oversights ( pun intended) in Holdsclaw & Griner in lieu of Jackson and Thompson.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Maya - Catchings was the toughest decision if you were completely objective. I voted Maya.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Oh wow, I was about to vote but looking at it makes me retch. Maya seeded #9??????? No Holdsclaw????? Even a fervent anti-Vol fan would have to say that she needs to be in after being one of the most dominant WCBB players of all time (like with all the Tourney records) with 4716 WNBA points and a 16.9 average for a very respectably long 11 year career there. Personal issues maybe, but then state that you're throwing her out for that reason in your PC poll. With Griner is it just the shorter career so far or also the personal stuff? I would definitely have bet on Griner over Lieberman in a game of one on one.

The usual ESPN tripe, but any type of poll or voting contest like this brings out the hits, and that's all they care about.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn didn't think Holdsclaw belonged on the list with so few players in the bracket. Tomorrow he's supposed to tweet out the players he thought should be on the list. Also thought the number of players should have been 32 or 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom