Virginia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pick and choose the stats I like? They're 4-4 vs the top 50. We're 7-5. Nowhere did i say they aren't a good team. They played nobody out of Conference and had two bad ooc losses. Their resume is not worthy of a one seed. Certainly not 6 seeds better than us or 3 better than l ville.

Can you read? Did I say they stink or their resume is suspect for a one seed? I really wonder sometimes what goes on in people's heads
I'm sure you'll brush this off but uva is 5-0 against RPI 51-54...

Reaction Score
My oldest son went to UVA. I would always kid him that UVA is good in every sport
except the two that everyone likes, hoops & football. Not the case anymore. I watched them
off and on this year and was impressed they are very well coached, really disciplined. IMHO they can make a run.
It will interesting to see, going forward, as they recruit more talented players, if they remain as well coached.
Or do talented players with higher aspirations for themselves mess up chemistry

Reaction Score
My oldest son went to UVA. I would always kid him that UVA is good in every sport
except the two that everyone likes, hoops & football. Not the case anymore. I watched them
off and on this year and was impressed they are very well coached, really disciplined. IMHO they can make a run.
It will interesting to see, going forward, as they recruit more talented players, if they remain as well coached.
Or do talented players with higher aspirations for themselves mess up chemistry
Bennett will only get certain type of kid at uva with his defensive system. He had a ton of good players transfer out in his first couple years. I don't think he'll have too many chemistry issues. I'm definitely a fan especially after the Leitao experiment

Reaction Score
"Did I say they stink or their resume is suspect for a one seed?" Yes you did say their resume is suspect for a one seed in this exact same post when you said "Their resume is not worthy of a one seed"

Quote records all you want or any other single statistic but you need to factor in ALL, ALL, ALL of the statistics and then you get a team ranking which is what KENPOM, The ESPN BPI and Nate Silvers bracket charts do.

Every year seems to differ as to what they weigh more heavily. Some years they emphasize last 10 games more heavily. It seems this year they weighed ooc strength of schedule more heavily. That, and whether or not you played in the AAC. Louisville and SMU got punished for playing a weak nonconference schedule, and in a weak AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom