Villanova Scouting Report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Villanova Scouting Report

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Either I didn't understand the original post, or Neptune badly needs someone on his staff who understands analytics.
Why can't both be true?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen any Villanova except our game...but they have some wacky loses in the Philly games, And they lost to St Johns twice. Yet they beat UNC, Creightonm, Tex Tech & Memphis. Is it an effort thing? Or just not very good coaching?
The coaching is certainly a bit of an issue. They play 5-out but don't really take advantage of the spacing. They occasionally post up their guards like the old Nova teams, but they're not as good at it, especially since Justin Moore has been banged up. They often just hoist semi-contested 3s instead of getting cuts to the hoop.

Reaction Score
The coaching is certainly a bit of an issue. They play 5-out but don't really take advantage of the spacing. They occasionally post up their guards like the old Nova teams, but they're not as good at it, especially since Justin Moore has been banged up. They often just hoist semi-contested 3s instead of getting cuts to the hoop.
This is an illustrative chart. They're taking the "right shots", but you can see how much of an outlier their efficiency is on the chart. They're not getting the shots the right way and they're forcing them. The other option is that their talent is bad, but we know in a vacuum they have good talent. So yeah scheme/coaching.

Last edited:

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Tough, physical team, they are playing very well of late as Adrian mentioned. Hopefully, they are mentally over the funk from last game.
I would be very happy to see us stay healthy and squeak out a win.
Big East refs tend to strongly favor more muscular players in getting the foul calls, so we are doomed, clearly DOOMED!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
After the last game I will stay away from any comments about match ups. We just need to bring high level energy and be flying around the court.

Reaction Score
Mojo
Our boy RJ Cole delivers
a certain nova villain getting called for the charge with 1 second left

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member