video--Top Ten Best UConn Moments | The Boneyard

video--Top Ten Best UConn Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good video. I think it was too heavy on recent events, but it's nice to be able to have that complaint :) The 2 BE titles against Pitt in '02 and '04 will always be personal favorites of mine.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Thank you nice recap of our greatness!

I Can't get enough of that 99 Team!!

Reaction Score
Great video. The 3 things i think of when it comes to the championships is:

In `99 i immediately think of how unbelievable it was. It did not set in for a few days that we had won our national title after so many times coming up short of the FF4 and having doubts that maybe an elite 8 type team was our ceiling as a program but then 99 happened.

`04 what i remember and still cant get out of my head is the two BS calls on Mek in the first half. Till this day i believe the Duke bias had everything to do with those fouls. The refs,the fans in the arena and everyone watching on tv new duke was on its way to getting blown out and that could not be allowed. the second thing was how Coach took the gas off the peddle against Gtech to not embarrass coach Hewitt and his kids. If we wanted to win that game by 40 we couldve done it an gtech couldve done nothing about it. that team imho was the best team of the last 30 years and i believe wouldve either beaten or given a serious challenge to unlvs` title team from 1990.

`11 championship what i remember most didnt even happen in the ff4. I remember thinking if we beat Arizona that we would win the title. when that game was over i was completely convinced in that moment that we`d win the title. dont know why but i just knew. i also remember Bazz getting punched in the nuts in a classy move by teague from uk.

Reaction Score
For those that died a thousand deaths as Duke beat us in 1990.

Nothing will ever approach the 1999 payback game,beating the media anointed " greatest team ever "

Reaction Score
Great video - thanks 99. Going to watch it several more times on the plane ride to Dallas later. None of these moments get old. I remember each of these with every detail of where I was and who I was with.
Still through all of these, the Kemba step back against Pitt is my single favorite short clip (just dominant) and of course the '99 championship as favorite UConn moment. Hoping we to add to the archives in the next three days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom