Veteran's Day Roll Call | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Veteran's Day Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My Dad US Navy 1941-1946 Medic I am sad that I did not include him in
my original post:( One Trick wish I had a pic in the computer to download
Glad you did for your Dad! I am damn proud of him and all that served in World
War 2!!! Korean War,Vietnam War<love the veterans who were not welcomed home> World War 1,The Civil War,The Revoluntary War ! That includes our nation with millions upon millions serving in every capacity
on the homefront. Women,Men,All races,religions,young and old being a part of the War
in every capacity! They all lived it on a daily basis! Rationing,bonds,blackouts etal

When we go to war that is the way it should be IMHO. Life should not be the same!!!!!

We also did some things I am not proud of The encampment of the Japanese Americans, Predjudice,racism,segregation at home and in our military was shameful! These Americans still served their country with incredible honor in the military and at home<Incredible that these special Americans,stood up to fight for people to be free,while they did not pocess so much of that!> Remarkable! American Indians providing a code that was never broken! Study your history,watch the incredible programs,movies,read all there is! Talk to those who are still alive.Go to memorials that exhist! Do Not Forget!

Please honor all of them,dead now or still alive!

Those that are still serving,have returned home,many physically and emotionally damaged! They need our help and have more than earned it!

Get involved! GOD BLESS AMERICA and ALL THAT HAVE SERVED INCLUDING THE FAMILIES
IRA

When we go to war that is the way it should be IMHO. Life should not be the same!
There is so much to say Iran,Afghanistan whatever your feelings are about certain conflicts Love those who served Amen God Bless

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
jpg-bzsignalflags.jpg
BRAVO ZULU to all Navy Corpsmen everywhere. True professionals!

Reaction Score
US Army Security Agency, 1966-1970
Defense Language Institute, Monterey, CA
USASA Field Station Berlin

Proud to have served, would do it again.

Don't know if I should feel a bit silly posting this 12 days later, but I just paged through this thread and wanted to "like" Wonkster's service and post my similar experience.
Army Security Agency, Sept 1967- Jan 1972
Defense Language Institute in Monterey 1968
Det K (Rimbach/Hoherbogen) , USASA Field Station Herzogenaurach 1969-1972
I was TDY at FS Berlin in October 1970 during Warsaw Pact's Waffenbrüderschaft.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Reaction Score
Don't know if I should feel a bit silly posting this 12 days later, but I just paged through this thread and wanted to "like" Wonkster's service and post my similar experience.
Army Security Agency, Sept 1967- Jan 1972
Defense Language Institute in Monterey 1968
Det K (Rimbach/Hoherbogen) , USASA Field Station Herzogenaurach 1969-1972
I was TDY at FS Berlin in October 1970 during Warsaw Pact's Waffenbrüderschaft.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
ETSA, check the Boneyard backchannel called 'Conversations' under 'Inbox.'

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Happy Veterans day. Please enroll or re-enroll.

Reaction Score
I served in the US Marine Corps from March 1967 to January 1, 1991. Heck of a ride.

The most memorable experience I had, was, after serving in Viet Nam for 2 years, I came home to Treasure Island in San Francisco, CA. They gave us a new dress uniform because everything I had was rotten and molded. I was proud of my service wearing this uniform with pride. Three of us decided to go out for our first dinner in the US and took a cab to Ernies in San Francisco. As soon as we got out of the cab we were surrounded by young men and women who shouted and screamed at us. They threw drinks at us and soiled our uniforms. They called us baby killers and murderers. They spit on us. We had no idea what was going on and what started this overt attack and expression of hate. We got another cab and returned to the little base and had dinner in the mess hall. I did not get that first non-military meal until I returned home five days later. I guess that I will never forget that, ever.

Over the years, I have seen and learned, (MY OPINION), is that there is a large, and, I mean large, segment of our society, that despises the military and considers it a necessary evil. That, the military is only here to protect those who despise it and don't want to serve anyway.

I really do not want to be thanked for my service. I did it because it was the right thing for me to do.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
US Navy 1982-1992.
USS Will Rogers SSBN 659 (New London, Holy Loch Scotland)
A few other places here and there.

Reaction Score
US Army - 1992-2001

Hanau, Germany
Fort Bragg, NC
Wiesbaden, Germany
Fort Lewis, WA

Reaction Score
If you will pleas indulge me, I'd like to recognize my dad, who passed a little over two months ago.
He was in the army from 1943 until 1946, serving in India and what is now Pakistan. He was extremely proud of his service and his country.
Thank you, my brother was in during the same period--New Guinea and the Phillipines--God bless you and your Dad. I think of him every day.

Reaction Score
US Army Signal Corps, Panama Canal Zone 1959-62
US Army Reserves 1962-1985
US Navy Reserves 1985-2000
Retired since 2000

I would like to honor my Great Great Grandfather, Martin Dill, 5th Michigan Cavalry. Died at the battle of Trevillian Station, VA June 1864, and my cousin Eugene Soper, 3rd Infantry Division. Died at Anzio, Italy March 1944.

All gave some, some gave all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member