Very OT: SimCity 5 | The Boneyard

Very OT: SimCity 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone have it? Are the server problems fixed? Do you recommend it even if it can only be played online?

I've played every prior edition but this one has so many documented complaints I'm gun shy. I'm a SimCity fan but don't want to be disappointed and waste so much time feeding my admitted SimCity addiction.

Reaction Score
I have not played it personally, but I do try to keep in touch with gaming news.

From what I have heard, the server issues are resolved to the point that if you want to play, you can now. But that the underlying game is still rushed and flawed at its core. From the regional gameplay that essentially makes it impossible to play fully functional city by yourself, to the ability of others to grief you by starting a city in your region, but then never playing it with no way of getting rid of them, to the apparently broken pathing system the sims take, such as the fact that a sim doesn't have an assigned house that it goes to at the end of their day, they just go back to the first empty one they find.

The way I have seen it described is that in past games it was a question of when something doesn't work, what did I do wrong designing my city... where as in this edition things wont work because of the game, not neccessarily because you did something wrong in your design

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Most of the time it's not even worth buying a game in the first 60 days of release... I love DLC and getting updates and fixes for games... but publishers don't spend anywhere near enough time playtesting and fixing games anymore. I'm not sure I blame them either, but basically you're almost always getting an unfinished product when you buy a game at the release date.

Reaction Score
Sims? Sims? What about Epic Mickey or Just dance 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom