Very Impressed with LJ Peak | The Boneyard

Very Impressed with LJ Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just watched him play on ESPNU. It was his Whitney Young team with Jahlil Okafor vs Simeon with Jabari Parker. Both Jahlil and Jabari had bad games. Neither got into double digits and both had foul trouble.

Now LJ Peak. I'm not sure how tall he is exactly so that could change his position. I've seen him list anywhere from 6'4" to 6'6". He's either a possible SF but if he is in that height range I really like him as a SG. He played great tonight. He didn't have that good of a first half and neither did his team where they only had about 15 points. Then in the third quarter he took over. I believe he scored 14pts. carrying his team back. He did it in multiple ways by hitting a few threes, mid range jumpers, floaters, drives, and off of steals with easy baskets. He played well in the fourth but they ended up losing. He finished with either 22 or 24 points. On defense he played good as well. He had multiple steals and his guy didn't do much. I was really impressed.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I agree that Okafor and Parker did not perform well. This was my first time seeing Okafor. He has excellent size but did not seem to be very athletic or particularly skilled.

Parker seems like a solid player but nowhere near what he has been hyped to be...he is clearly not the second LBJ.

Reaction Score
I agree Peak was incredible. I thought the refs took both Okafor and Parker out of the game. Ticky-tack fouls.

I saw Parker play live on Monday and he scorched Oak Hill Academy. Saw 4 games with 7 great teams (Mitty was a one man team), and Parker was the best all-around player there.

Reaction Score
I agree Peak was incredible. I thought the refs took both Okafor and Parker out of the game. Ticky-tack fouls.

I saw Parker play live on Monday and he scorched Oak Hill Academy. Saw 4 games with 7 great teams (Mitty was a one man team), and Parker was the best all-around player there.

Yeah my son was at that game in Springfield and Parker lit up a good Oak Hill team........HS games are funny and refs are awful!!! That's why it takes skills as a recruiter to see things outside the numbers.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom