Verne | The Boneyard

Verne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We get that you know the kid Nairn's nickname, you don't need to say Tum-Tum every 2 minutes.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
CardiacAndre7 said:
We get that you know the kid Nairn's nickname, you don't need to say Tum-Tum every 2 minutes.

Did you know it's from 3 Ninjas?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I'm not going to let you talk about Uncle Verne like that...

Reaction Score
Verne is a mack. Here's the story of how he met his wife.

"We met in a bar, and I hasten to add it was an upscale bar in Dallas. It was a place called Arthur's. I walked in after I did the 10 o'clock news (at WFAA-TV in Dallas) and I didn't want to go home. Nancy and her date were at the bar and her date recognized me from local television and invited me over to have a drink. He introduced me to his date and her name was Nancy Miller. It was their first date, a blind date. So we sat and chatted and her date, Raymond Willie, said to me, "Listen, I know you are single. I'm going to fix you up with a friend of mine and we can all go to dinner." He looked at Nancy and asked her, "What are you doing Thursday night?" She said, "Nothing." He said, "Good, you'll be my date and we'll fix Verne up with this schoolteacher friend of mine and we'll go to dinner." Meanwhile, I'm looking at Nancy thinking she is the prettiest thing I have ever seen in my life. So, Raymond finally left to take care of his business and I asked Nancy, "So, how involved are you with Raymond? She said, "Oh, this is our first date and it's a blind date." So I said, "Well, forget what he is talking about on Thursday night. What are you doing on Saturday night?" She said, "I think I am doing whatever you are doing."

Reaction Score
He's 74, still making great money. Imagine how many cocktails in hotel bars he's had over his career.

Reaction Score
I met Verne after rushing the court at the Texas game in Gampel in 2010. I asked him to sign my program, he asked for my name and personalized it. Very nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom