Verizon unbundles cable | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Verizon unbundles cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stop abusing the system jack wad with your 45 devices. I'm sick of paying for your arse.

JK

I just did a quick off-the-top-of-my-head count and I think there are 32 things in my house capable of accessing the internet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just did a quick off-the-top-of-my-head count and I think there are 32 things in my house capable of accessing the internet.
I just did the same count came up with 15. Obviously, I have to buy more stuff.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just did the same count came up with 15. Obviously, I have to buy more stuff.

Or just break into my house.

Reaction Score
I actually don't think bundling is going anywhere... people like choice. What I think will happen is that those people that want to be able to pick and choose a few channels will get that... or those that are happy watching shows three weeks after they air on Hulu will continue to do so. The rest of us will continue to pay $200/month... sure the delivery mechanism may change from traditional cable to streaming, etc... DirecTV doesn't advertise that you only get the 5 channels you want... they advertise that you get 100s of channels.

People subsidize other people all the time. If anyone who streams video had to pay the actual cost of their internet usage.. on a per/mb basis they'd freak out. For everyone like me with 45 devices hooked up to the internet, with two kids streaming content constantly, and playing online games... their someone who just posts on Facebook.

That's not true. The margins that telecom companies make on internet data are tremendous. Some people are paying more per mb than others, but nobody is getting a deal.

Reaction Score

espn could be speeding up the unbundling process with this. Once the TV viewers who do not watch ESPN realize how much they are paying for it, then there's going to be a big push to get these expensive sports stations off the basic cable package. This will decrease casual viewers of games and therefore ad revenue. It will also cause the rates for ESPN to go up if they want to keep revenue near where it is now. This will cause illegal streaming to go way up and could cause things to collapse in on ESPN.

ESPN needs to stay quiet about things and ride out what they have left of the traditional model. Global markets are opening up and soon there will be billions more people on the internet with internet speeds becoming faster around the world. 15-20 years from now streaming video will be easy for most people around the globe and ESPN can make huge revenue off of mostly advertising dollars for things like the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom