Ut-GaTech | The Boneyard

Ut-GaTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Anyone watching? 68-60 with about 10 to go.

Kaela Davis with 25.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Davis is special. Tennessee fans were devastated when she spurned them, altho by the end of her recruitment, it was not unexpected.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Davis would have put Tenn over the top. They lack that sniper from the wing. Burdick isn't it.

Ga Tech has no business being within 5 pts of Tenn. Someone should introduce Mechelle Joseph to a backdoor cuts.

Reaction Score
Davis has been awesome. She would have put any top 5 team over the top. She has been far the best Freshman to date in this 2013 class.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm glad Debbie A pointed out Davis jogging down the court on defense. She's done that a few times tonight.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im watching the game too. Whiteside and Davis are good. LVs should be up a lot and they're struggling. Tenn is not a top 10 team. BTW the refs are missing a lot of calls against Tenn but what else is new. When you go to Tenn your down 10 pts before you start. GT had almost everybody in foul trouble except their coaches and were very close til late in the game. I am looking forward to Stanford and ND playing Tenn. It wont be close unless Tenn parades to the line about 40 times.

Reaction Score
K. Davis has been the most impressive of the Freshmen so far this year but she does suffer from being way more interested in the offense than defense....

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tennessee grabbed 65 rebounds tonight. Graves and Harrison each grabbed 18 boards. There were a total of 99 missed FGAs; Tenn missed 49 shots and GTech missed 50 shots. That's a lot of missed shots. Somebody had to grab the ball off the rim and Tenn was much better at that than GTech.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Graves was a BEAST tonight. Tennessee dominated the glass tonight. With a little better shooting would have scored 100 tonight. Davis was good tonight for GT.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The problem for K Davis is that she plays for Mechelle Joseph. She'll be a very good player because she's athletically gifted and skilled. Watching Mechelle Joseph's offense makes my head hurt.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Graves was a BEAST tonight. Tennessee dominated the glass tonight. With a little better shooting would have scored 100 tonight. Davis was good tonight for GT.
Tenn is not a very good team. Massingale looked good at times but over all the LVs should've blown out a team like GT. GT is not a good team. Tenn right now is not a top 10 team. MD Penn St and Stanford would've beaten them badly. They still don't have it together as a team. A lot of missed shots but more importantly they don't play team ball. Simmons still hasn't learned how to play within a team concept. Defense was spotty. A team like GT with 2 scorers shouldn't go off like they did. Tenn should've controlled the game from the start. Graves is very good but needs team support. Tenn has a lot of work to do and the SEC isn't stronger then the AAC.

Reaction Score
I think TN can be much better by having Carter in the starting 5 instead of Simmons and bring Simmons of the bench as kind of instant offense. They do have a nice base to build on with Graves who is a beast, Harrison is good, Massingale has done a good job this season and Carter is impressive especially on defense.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not a good win for Tennessee. Let's be honest. Ga Tech was picked 6th in their own conference. There wouldn't have been as many rebounds if more shots were made. I mean, they won by 10 and this is a GA Tech team that is just not very good. I disagree with Tony that Tennessee is not a top 10 team. I believe they are somewhere in the 6-8 range, but they don't play a top 10 team till late December. Super easy schedule for Tennessee this year and perfect to give the illusion that they are better than they really are.

An 11 point win over the 6th best team in the ACC by 11 is nothing to crow about.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tenn is not a very good team. Massingale looked good at times but over all the LVs should've blown out a team like GT. GT is not a good team. Tenn right now is not a top 10 team. MD Penn St and Stanford would've beaten them badly. They still don't have it together as a team. A lot of missed shots but more importantly they don't play team ball. Simmons still hasn't learned how to play within a team concept. Defense was spotty. A team like GT with 2 scorers shouldn't go off like they did. Tenn should've controlled the game from the start. Graves is very good but needs team support. Tenn has a lot of work to do and the SEC isn't stronger then the AAC.
I agree that Tennessee didn't shoot good tonight. The team still put up 87 points and had the lead the whole way. The only lead GT had was 2-0. Russell had another good game. Harrison a double double. It's still only fourth game of the year.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Davis of GT and Simmons of Tennessee have one trait in common. They keep both their own team and their opposing team competitive. Davis indifferent to defense and Simmons jacking up too many shots (and misses).

Graves is one terrific player. Possibly equal to or even better than Thomas.

Speaking of freshmen, Reimer is doing superbly at ND but Linnae Harper seems to be playing like a freshman at Kentucky (tonight, only 9 minutes, 2 points). The season has barely begun so time will tell more than a couple November games.

Reaction Score

TN is not a top 10 team? LOL ok... :cool:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
GT is not a very good team. A top 10 team would've blown them out. Tenn with all their talent struggled and GT had how many players on the bench in foul trouble? Tenn struggled against Middle Tenn I think it was in their first game now this. Maybe later in the year they will get better but having a 5 pt lead late in the game is not a very good showing. Wouldn't you agree?

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Hard to rebound well when you're essentially playing three guards. GT's six guards combined for 74 of their 76 points. TN interior players are doing a pretty good job and their scoring was balanced. Dominating the boards makes up for poor shooting. Russell is the real deal. GT may surprise a few folks in the ACC before the season is over. They'll score some points... they just need to play a little more defense and come up with a way to cut the rebounding deficit.

TN's yardstick games this year will be Stanford, ND, and KY, each about a month apart on the schedule. If they win two of the three they'll be a Final Four contender in March.

Reaction Score
K. Davis has been the most impressive of the Freshmen so far this year but she does suffer from being way more interested in the offense than defense....
I would say her or Allisha Gray. Gray has been great on offense and defense for UNC. Much more consistent than DeShields.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree that Tennessee didn't shoot good tonight. The team still put up 87 points and had the lead the whole way. The only lead GT had was 2-0. Russell had another good game. Harrison a double double. It's still only fourth game of the year.
It was Georgia Tech. You are posting as if beating them by 11 means something.

They put up 87 points because they had a million offensive rebounds.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It was Georgia Tech. You are posting as if beating them by 11 means something.

They put up 87 points because they had a million offensive rebounds.
I think Georgia Tech is better than last years team. Davis is going to be a good one for them. A win is a win. It was 65 total rebounds tonight the most since 1996 in a game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
any team with Davis on it... is a good team, lets give GT a lil credit.

just because they didnt beat the enemy lets not throw them under the bus.

singing praise about Davis and at the same time saying GT stinks doesnt mesh

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

They are soon to be ranked 3rd in both polls, so I'm sure that Tony doesn't mean they aren't a top ten team.

But if he meant that they are not PLAYING like a top ten team, he has a point.

They were not very impressive in beating MTSU by 10.
Or being tied with Chattanooga at the half.
Or beating a lousy and even more undisciplined UNC.
Or beating an unranked Georgia Tech by 11.

You might not like it, but they haven't played like a top ten team yet.

They will have a shot to show it when they play Stanford and later ND.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think Georgia Tech is better than last years team. Davis is going to be a good one for them. A win is a win. It was 65 total rebounds tonight the most since 1996 in a game.
There were almost 100 missed shots, so plenty of chances to rebound. Big deal.

If a win is a win, why do you bother to post about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom