USF Game. Upon further review. . . | The Boneyard

USF Game. Upon further review. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . the Badass Award to Stewie remains unchanged.

Many Boneyarders indicated agreement with my choice, so I was surprised that a few dissented. One in particular suggested that I had overlooked Kia Nurse.

So, to be completely fair, I went to ESPN-Game Replays and watched the entire game again. I saw nothing to persuade me that Lou, Gabby, Mo, Napheesa, or Morgan had played at Stewie's Badass level. Good play is not enough -- recognition as a Badass is earned by demoralizing the opposition. And that is what Stewie did, especially in the decisive 3rd quarter.

I watched Kia Nurse very closely. Her first half was like that of her teammates: subpar. After Geno spoke to her "in Canadian" at halftime, she played superbly after the intermission, including three big three-pointers. The suggestion that she "controlled" the hot hand (15 1st half points) of Williams was simply not true; UConn shut her down early with a zone, then a switching man-to-man defense that resulted in Nurse seldom guarding Williams one-on-one.

Nice second half, eh?, Kia, but Stewie alone deserves Badass recognition -- this time. ;)

Reaction Score
Stewie was incredible in that 3rd quarter and completely turned the game around. Not to say she didn't have help, but some of those plays around the basket were insane! She most certainly deserves the Badass Award in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom