USF Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn with 1 turnover in the 1st half and 5 personal fouls.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Icebear said:
Not many offensive rebounds available when they were 10/12 from 3.

6-18 from inside the arc, and I was referring to D boards as well as our play in the lane on our end

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that announcers -- not this game, (which I can't listen to) but the past two, noted at various times that Stef looked exhausted? I don't remember any time last year when people claimed she was exhausted. In fact, people were talking about what great shape she was in. My only point here is that in recent games, she has been playing, well, differently, IMHO. She gets her quiet 10+ points and 8-9 rebounds, and she still makes plenty of good passes. But she has not been the dynamic presence that she was earlier in the season.

Now, Stef on a bad day is better than most centers on their good days, but I worry about this team going down the stretch. Louisville excepted, the regular season should be no real issue (unless there are, God forbid, more injuries). But the tournament and the NCAAs can exhaust a team that's short of help. If one of the players is already showing signs that the season is catching up with her, there could be rough times ahead. Picture this: A UConn team that's down to 8 scholarship players (assuming no further injuries), having played a tough tournament schedule, faces the buzzsaw that is Notre Dame. It could be a great game, but it's certainly no cakewalk for UConn.

T.his, by the way, is why a few of us were worried when only one recruit was signed for this season. This is not a criticism of the coaching staff, because you get the players you get. It's not like someone can hold a gun to a player's head and force them to come. But people who said, "Don't worry. They'll be fine with 9 players" were, I think, overly optimistic.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm still happy with 10-17 from the arc, even if we've missed the last 5.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Icebear said:
Hartley being courteous to the aged and infirm.

She realizes that her own "Senior Night" isn't so far off!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
tomcat said:
Just curious. What kind of d is USF playing?

M2M lately, but mixing it up with zone too

Now man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member