Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The Trojans can't hit free throws!

68-66 with 27 seconds

Reaction Score
If the committee gives Stanford another weak bracket they will reap what they sow. They are an upset waiting to happen.

Now what does the committee do?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Honestly, this year I'm seeing so much parity!

USC has good players so maybe Cynthia Cooper can guide them to the NCAA!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Chiney had an astonishing 21 boards to go with her 30 points but it wasn't enough.

Stanford cannot be a one-seed any longer…but who?

UTenn, Baylor, West Virginia, Louisville, Duke?

Reaction Score
Chiney had an astonishing 21 boards to go with her 30 points but it wasn't enough.

Stanford cannot be a one-seed any longer…but who?

UTenn, Baylor, West Virginia, Louisville, Duke?
If they're not a number 1 seed, which #1 team plays in the western region of the NCAAs? And they'll still probably get to play a #2-seeded Stanford in the region.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So now the officials have 2 places to send UConn that don't involve playing L'ville again.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So now the officials have 2 places to send UConn that don't involve playing L'ville again.
Neither of which meets the strict geography criteria.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
If TN can take care of KY, I see TN getting a one seed and shipped out to Stanford. The usual suspects will wail it is unfair, but will be secretly happy because they think they can beat a slumping Cardinal team.

Reaction Score
Honestly, this year I'm seeing so much parity!

USC has good players so maybe Cynthia Cooper can guide them to the NCAA!

If that win was about parity then the paper should not run a headline about "Shocking loss by Stanford"

Reaction Score
If that win was about parity then the paper should not run a headline about "Shocking loss by Stanford"

it's lazy journalism, even by ESPN 'experts' on the comment of Stanford's loss. Had they done some research, they would have seen USC was up vs. Stanford by 17 pts in LA before Card pulled away. So USC has the shooters, especially beyond the arc. I guess maybe it is shocking that it's first time Stanford is not in the confernce tourney championship game, but the Pac 12 is better and Stanford is Chiney with very little help. Not shocked, at all.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
So who are the shooters on USC? Have you checked their stats? I would say that was not a good game plan by Stanford, the only player they did well on was Harberts with help from their wings, until the end, except that stanfords role players guarded USCs. The guard match up especially in the first half was a joke. And then Chiney missed a lot of bunnies when Harberts made her shots.

Reaction Score
So who are the shooters on USC? Have you checked their stats? I would say that was not a good game plan by Stanford, the only player they did well on was Harberts with help from their wings, until the end, except that stanfords role players guarded USCs. The guard match up especially in the first half was a joke. And then Chiney missed a lot of bunnies when Harberts made her shots.

Crook and Vaioletama each had 3 three pointers, and total 8 for USC for the game. Cardinal had 4. In LA, USC had 7 threes, to Cardinal 3. USC is streaky team, but more three pt threats than Stanford. I didn't see the game, listened to first half on radio and got texts from friends who there. Radio and announcer and friends agreed Chiney's shot was flat and missed a lot of chippies. She was tired, but still had huge game. The problem is she has little help.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Crook and Vaioletama each had 3 three pointers, and total 8 for USC for the game. Cardinal had 4. In LA, USC had 7 threes, to Cardinal 3. USC is streaky team, but more three pt threats than Stanford. I didn't see the game, listened to first half on radio and got texts from friends who there. Radio and announcer and friends agreed Chiney's shot was flat and missed a lot of chippies. She was tired, but still had huge game. The problem is she has little help.

Oh now I understand just because they hit 3s ie Viaoletama on Chiney and Crook on Thompson they are shooters, funny stuff. I would call it bad defense!

Vaioletama shoots 31% from 3 and Crook 36% from 3!!!!!

Reaction Score
Oh now I understand just because they hit 3s ie Viaoletama on Chiney and Crook on Thompson they are shooters, funny stuff. I would call it bad defense!

Vaioletama shoots 31% from 3 and Crook 36% from 3!!!!!

Stanford's FG was worse. We had open shots, but didn't make them. USC hit some big shots vs. OSU yesterday. They are streaky, but can hit em when it counts, and they have more 3 pts threats than Stanford.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
You can keep saying something to make you feel better but the stats don't support you and I have watched USC all year. Chiney did not guard Vaioletama well at all, her points were a reason you lost.

Reaction Score
You can keep saying something to make you feel better but the stats don't support you and I have watched USC all year. Chiney did not guard Vaioletama well at all, her points were a reason you lost.

good luck to the women of troy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr