USAW vs. Canada | The Boneyard

USAW vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That's some offensive explosion in the fourt quarter! And either some great defense or Canada went totally cold.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
More accurately, Kia is on the senior Canadian National Team. She's not playing U-17, because she's good enough to play against any age group. Look for her matched up against Sue and Dee in Turkey.

HGN

Reaction Score
KLS didn't play again......Boykin with 7 pts and 8 rbs.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Look at the minutes for the point guards: Durr 28 min 2 assists, Wilson 7 min 2 assists. Same number assists in 1/4 the time. Wilson might be more of a pure PG right now, Durr scored 10 points on 4 for 13 shooting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
KLS didn't play again.Boykin with 7 pts and 8 rbs.
I noticed that. But while the rest of the team was going 4-12 or worse, she went 4-7. Get the ball to her LOL.

Reaction Score
To their credit, no one had a lot of turn overs, so good job!

Reaction Score
De'Janae's line wasn't bad. 3-6 shooting, 7 rebounds, 8 pts in 27 mins. Looks as if the coaches tried to spread the minutes around.

I would love for us to get Lauren Cox. True center, but could also play power forward. She played the most minutes along with Asia, both playing 28 minutes. Her line : 4-9, 9 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 blocks.
Her fundamentals are so strong she could probably step in as a freshman and get a bunch of minutes, possibly even start.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
De'Janae's line wasn't bad. 3-6 shooting, 7 rebounds, 8 pts in 27 mins. Looks as if the coaches tried to spread the minutes around.

I would love for us to get Lauren Cox. True center, but could also play power forward. She played the most minutes along with Asia, both playing 28 minutes. Her line : 4-9, 9 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 blocks.
Her fundamentals are so strong she could probably step in as a freshman and get a bunch of minutes, possibly even start.
A lot of people think that Cox will not leave Texas. I think we're looking at Tori McCoy as well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A lot of people think that Cox will not leave Texas. I think we're looking at Tori McCoy as well.
I agree with Ken. I've heard she won't be leaving Texas. Big opportunity for UT or aTm. I don't see her going to Baylor. Would be quite a coup of Houston or SMU landed her but... that would be like EDD and Delaware.

Side note - she's not a true center. Far from it. She does have great post moves, and can use both hands, but also has extended range and is working on her 3 point shot (at least what I've read). Off the top of my head, the best comparison would be Lauren Jackson.

Of course this is just what I've read about her. I'm far from being an expert on any of the kids in 2016... Of the kids in 2016, if we end up with 3, the ones I'd love to get (in my order of preference) are McCoy, Holmes/Boley, and then Ionescu/Dangerfield. Of course, the guards would jump up in preference, possibly trying for both, if we don't land Durr.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with Ken. I've heard she won't be leaving Texas. Big opportunity for UT or aTm. I don't see her going to Baylor. Would be quite a coup of Houston or SMU landed her but... that would be like EDD and Delaware.

Side note - she's not a true center. Far from it. She does have great post moves, and can use both hands, but also has extended range and is working on her 3 point shot (at least what I've read). Off the top of my head, the best comparison would be Lauren Jackson.

Of course this is just what I've read about her. I'm far from being an expert on any of the kids in 2016... Of the kids in 2016, if we end up with 3, the ones I'd love to get (in my order of preference) are McCoy, Holmes/Boley, and then Ionescu/Dangerfield. Of course, the guards would jump up in preference, possibly trying for both, if we don't land Durr.
I think Holmes is a big stud, just like McCoy. I'd like to try for Chou, though she too may stay in Texas.

In terms of guards, if we miss on both Durr and Ogunbowale, I think we try for 2 in 2016. Geno likes Ionescu, and I like Dangerfield, so that settles it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom