USA vs Spain | The Boneyard

USA vs Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
spain up 10-6 in the first... question why doesnt FIBA go by the NBA rules?

Reaction Score
Well FIBA is an independent basketball organization, its like saying why doesn't the NBA go by NCAA rules and the NCAA doesn't go by NBA rules. And just as an aside, I like FIBA rules better.

Reaction Score
I think the US will lose this one, I find our team underwhelming and not very balanced and expect Spain to exploit their frontcourt advantage.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Melo with 10 points in the first quarter against Spain.

Reaction Score
what's the score? can't find a live boxscore anywhere

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
42-32

Melo with 23 in the first half so far. Rest of the team 19.

Reaction Score
lol, I was following a live blog on SI.com that made it sound like the US were getting blown out.

Reaction Score
I know its an exhibition but I hope the people who said this team could hang with the Dream Team realize how dumb that was.
I was not one of those people, but I do think with a healthy squad (i.e. a healthy Dwight, Wade, and Rose) they could compete with the Dream Team. Probably even beat them a couple times in a best-of-7 series too.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Did anyone just see Calderon destroy Deron Willliams' ankles?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't make a practice out of defending Kobe, but he clarified (or backtracked) to say he wasn't saying that this team could have taken the 1992 Dream Team in a 7-game series, just that they could have beaten them. Which isn't that strong a statement. This team has enough firepower to take a game off the Dream Team, IMO.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343169132.729581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
From what I saw, Coach K needs to give Davis a shot, he may be light in the ass but he can still block and alter shots, Kevin Love has been atrocious in all the games I've seen so far. Also, Fraschilla needs to renounce his US citizenship, his European/foreign d*ckriding is nauseating to listen to. You would have no idea that this guy is from Brooklyn the way he fawns over European players and openly roots against the US while calling these games.

Reaction Score
question why doesnt FIBA go by the NBA rules?

There is no universal set of basketball rules. The NBA has rules in place that exist no where else on the planet. High schools and colleges in this country do not even have the same rules as the NBA, asking the rest of the world to conform to one league is a little much.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There is no universal set of basketball rules. The NBA has rules in place that exist no where else on the planet. High schools and colleges in this country do not even have the same rules as the NBA, asking the rest of the world to conform to one league is a little much.
right i understand but wasnt it invented at springfield college in the US, so why wouldnt the US set the rules? just wondering

Reaction Score
Maybe Love hasn't played great so far, but the dude has put up 30-30 games in the NBA. Anthony Davis is a raw stringbean who averaged 12 in college, and his team couldn't even beat Vanderbilt in the SEC tournament when it counted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Anthony Davis would play better defense against the Gasol brothers than Love. Honestly, I think Kevin Love lost too much weight, at least for the international game. Love doesn't seem as physical and has been pushed around by some of the international big guys, that didn't happen much in 2010. Love needs to rely on his skills and IQ, not his athleticism.

Anthony Davis has been productive every time he has gotten in the game.

Reaction Score
right i understand but wasnt it invented at springfield college in the US, so why wouldnt the US set the rules? just wondering

The game was invented in the US but the US doesn't even have the same rules all around. Back court counts, shot clocks, three point line distance, the arc under the hoop...Heck, in HS ball you have some state associations that can't agree if they even want to have a shot clock, let alone how long it is.

Reaction Score
pretty much, and Love's 30-30 games are irrelevant when he's looking like garbage in these international games. Davis would probably get muscled but he at least has the length to recover and still alter shots at the rim, not only was Love getting muscled and ran through by Gasol but he was getting shot directly over, and this has been a reoccurring theme in every game so far. I don't understand what the team has to lose by putting Davis in there for a few minutes instead of putting Melo at C or putting Love in for him to be unproductive after Chandler picks up his predictable dumb fouls.

Anthony Davis would play better defense against the Gasol brothers than Love. Honestly, I think Kevin Love lost too much weight, at least for the international game. Love doesn't seem as physical and has been pushed around by some of the international big guys, that didn't happen much in 2010. Love needs to rely on his skills and IQ, not his athleticism.

Anthony Davis has been productive every time he has gotten in the game.

Reaction Score
Ya love has looked awful. Fiba refs seem to hate chandler, I wouldn't mind seeing more Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom