US News Rankings 2015 | The Boneyard

US News Rankings 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geez, you have to get into the halfway point of Page 4 and the 90's to find Louisville sandwiched between Idaho and Maine. All the other Big 12 expansion candidates you need a telescope. Academics baby!

Taking out the endless California branches and focusing only on the Power 5 publics- Cal, UCLA, Virginia, Michigan, UNC, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Wisconsin, Penn State, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Washington, UConn/Maryland.

Big Ten/ACC UConn is ranked ahead of- Clemson, Purdue, Pitt, Syracuse, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Indiana, Michigan State, Iowa, NC State, Florida State, Nebraska, Louisville. Tied with Maryland.

Reaction Score
Geez, you have to get into the halfway point of Page 4 and the 90's to find Louisville sandwiched between Idaho and Maine. All the other Big 12 expansion candidates you need a telescope. Academics baby!

Taking out the endless California branches and focusing only on the Power 5 publics- Cal, UCLA, Virginia, Michigan, UNC, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Wisconsin, Penn State, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Washington, UConn/Maryland.

Big Ten/ACC UConn is ranked ahead of- Clemson, Purdue, Pitt, Syracuse, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Indiana, Michigan State, Iowa, NC State, Florida State, Nebraska, Louisville. Tied with Maryland.

UConn is equal or better then 15 of 28 B1G/ACC members - the joke continues...

Reaction Score
That's a straw man. UConn has the profile, the market, and the athletic success to be included in the power 5 and in fact should be in it already. Period.

Sure we're good in men's and women's basketball and a slew of other things, and I'm proud of that. I wish I agreed with you though, because it would mean we didn't suck in football where it counts, but unfortunately right now we do. If we can't get our football in order, we're going to be left out in the G5 talking about hockey and math scores and that's not where I want to be. Is that where YOU want to be? The first step to solving any problem is to admit there IS a problem and we have big problems.

Reaction Score
Yeah that explains why Pitt couldn't get in the ACC, either.
Pitt may have been lead BUT that d**k Blumenthal ...never one to miss a camera opportunity...stood on the steps of a courthouse in Vernon CT and gave some speech to the news cameras that day. Filing suit's personally against Fr Leahy and Gene D were what sealed the deal for UCONN.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Pitt may have been lead BUT that d**k Blumenthal ...never one to miss a camera opportunity...stood on the steps of a courthouse in Vernon CT and gave some speech to the news cameras that day. Filing suit's personally against Fr Leahy and Gene D were what sealed the deal for UCONN.

Technically it was CT voters who elected him as AG that sealed the deal.

Reaction Score

BC legit told ESPN that they didn't want to compete with UConn in their backyard and wanted New England to themselves and you still managed to blame Blumenthal.

It has nothing to do with Blumenthal. Nobody at BC or Pitt or Syracuse or Miami cares about that anymore.

FSU and Clemson wanted a football school. BC didn't want us. It's really that simple.

Reaction Score
BC legit told ESPN that they didn't want to compete with UConn in their backyard and wanted New England to themselves and you still managed to blame Blumenthal.

It has nothing to do with Blumenthal. Nobody at BC or Pitt or Syracuse or Miami cares about that anymore.

FSU and Clemson wanted a football school. BC didn't want us. It's really that simple.

It just isn't that cut and dry - I agree that BC didn't want us for competitive reasons (although our inclusion in Hockey East could easily have been derailed by them also.) Blumenthal's ill conceived suit did give BC some cover for a pretense, but I do believe GDF and Fr. L harbored personal resentment for needlessly being included in Blumenthal's folly. (BTW, many other ACC connected individuals (Swofford et al) were sued by him also and they harbored resentment too.) Critically, there was no need to sue the individuals involved (a favorite Blumenthal tactic) as any possible relief could have been achieved against the defendant institutions. By suing individuals, Blumenthal made it personal. People have long memories about being sued. They won't forget and when the worm turns look out.

But none of that matters now. Unless you need a another reason not to vote for Blumenthal in 2016.

Reaction Score

This time around yeah...FSU and Clemson wanted a football school. It's well known DeFlippo, Fr Leahy and Donna Shalala were FURIOUS they were personally deposed and sued....especially DeFlippo and Fr Leahy. If you read the article about BC telling ESPN they did't want to compete with UCONN then you CERTAINLY also read the part in said article where he mentions the personal depositions causing a SERIOUS problem...and why then did Herbst go to Boston and meet with Fr Leahy in person to try and mend the bridge. Pitt was the consolation choice...BC and Miami were not voting yes when Pitt got in. How about this...use the search mode on here and go and find the links to the articles posted with DeFlippo's comments.

Reaction Score
This time around yeah...FSU and Clemson wanted a football school. It's well known DeFlippo, Fr Leahy and Donna Shalala were FURIOUS they were personally deposed and sued....especially DeFlippo and Fr Leahy. If you read the article about BC telling ESPN they did't want to compete with UCONN then you CERTAINLY also read the part in said article where he mentions the personal depositions causing a SERIOUS problem...and why then did Herbst go to Boston and meet with Fr Leahy in person to try and mend the bridge. Pitt was the consolation choice...BC and Miami were not voting yes when Pitt got in. How about this...use the search mode on here and go and find the links to the articles posted with DeFlippo's comments.

They can be as upset as they want. Miami and BC do not make the calls in the ACC. I'd bet good money they are probably 2 of the least influential schools regarding conference realignment.

Reaction Score
They can be as upset as they want. Miami and BC do not make the calls in the ACC. I'd bet good money they are probably 2 of the least influential schools regarding conference realignment.
Like I said use the search function on this board and read away...or are you Blumenthal's campaign manager?

Reaction Score
Like I said use the search function on this board and read away...or are you Blumenthal's campaign manager?

I'm just someone who thinks we live in a society where we want simple explanations and we like to point fingers at individuals rather than take the time and patience to understand the complexities and various influences in these types of situations and quite frankly I find it rather naive.

Reaction Score
I'm just someone who thinks we live in a society where we want simple explanations and we like to point fingers at individuals rather than take the time and patience to understand the complexities and various influences in these types of situations and quite frankly I find it rather naive.

You just don't get it. Smart people always make multi-billion dollar decisions because their feelings were hurt by one man...

Reaction Score
Sure we're good in men's and women's basketball and a slew of other things, and I'm proud of that. I wish I agreed with you though, because it would mean we didn't suck in football where it counts, but unfortunately right now we do. If we can't get our football in order, we're going to be left out in the G5 talking about hockey and math scores and that's not where I want to be. Is that where YOU want to be? The first step to solving any problem is to admit there IS a problem and we have big problems.
I'm so sick of hearing this idiotic argument.

Rutgers and Syracuse are garbage at football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom