Updated Scholarship Grid | The Boneyard

Updated Scholarship Grid

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Assuming Castle leaves for the NBA, that leaves us with three open scholarships.

UConn has reached out to

McNeeley
Roach
Mahaney
Brea
Hausen (?)
Who else has UConn reached out to?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
we don't want roach. he plays hero ball WAYYYYY too often.

Reaction Score
Assuming Castle leaves for the NBA, that leaves us with three open scholarships.

UConn has reached out to

McNeeley
Roach
Mahaney

I like Roach’game and he definitely fills our need for 3rd ball handler. I like the idea that we turn the tide and dukes recruits start to go to Huskies.

For shooting, I prefer Brea > Hausen (BE guard) > Mahaney

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I think TCF said the other day that he doesn't count COVID seniors until they explicitly announce they are back. While Borges has hinted at it, I don't think Hass has put out an "official" statement yet he plans to return and use the extra year.

Hence why Hass isn't on the grid.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think TCF said the other day that he doesn't count COVID seniors until they explicitly announce they are back. While Borges has hinted at it, I don't think Hass has put out an "official" statement yet he plans to return and use the extra year.

Hence why Hass isn't on the grid.
If Castle leaves and Diarra is back, do we have 2 open?

Reaction Score

UConn has reached out to

McNeeley
Roach
Mahaney
Brea
Hausen (?)

Assuming Castle leaves and Karaban and Diarra stay, I'm thinking we're bringing in three.

Reed is the first.

I'm hoping McNeeley is the second.

That leaves the last spot for a guard, so one of Brea, Hausen, Mahaney, etc.

A Reed-McNeeley-Brea/Hausen haul would be amazing.

Reaction Score
That would give us the following ten-man rotation:

PG: Diarra - Nowell
SG: Ball - Brea/Hausen/etc.
SF: Stewart - McNeeley
PF: Karaban - Ross
C: Johnson - Reed

With Singare, Abraham, and Roumoglou rounding out the bench.

I'd roll the ball out there with this squad.

Reaction Score
I think Mahoney could be a nice get- I know he had a down year compared to his frosh year- but I think he has the skill & IQ to be a nice fit.

Reaction Score
I fully expect Samson to apply for a 5th redshirt year based on his injury.

We may have our centers for the next 2 years
Neither of his injuries were season ending and he played more than 7 games anyway. He's not eligible for a medical redshirt

Reaction Score
I think biggest need is an experienced quality ball handler / shooter with decent size. Diarra / Nowell both in the 6 ft range, Ball 6' 3".... I think all 3 will have big roles next year. But a quality / experienced 6' 4"+ guard (like Brea) would be a big help.

Reaction Score
Not to derail, but is there a reason TCF doesn't post here anymore?

Reaction Score
Can you believe how Duke is losing their whole team just about? And they are going to be preseason top 5?

Reaction Score
Can you believe how Duke is losing their whole team just about? And they are going to be preseason top 5?
duke boards are in meltdow, with good reason. They are keeping 3/11 players....2 to the league, 1 out of eligibility, 5 transfers.

It should be an embarrassment to the program that they had 5 outgoing transfers (i think it actually might be 6 or 7, with oft not playing schutt and reeves leaving i think). Scheyer has said he intended to build a roster where people stick around, and has utterly failed at that.

Duke fan copium is that "times have changed".....how many outgoing transfers does uconn hvae? 0?

Something is rotten in durham...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
So possibly Claude, McNeeley, Traore (nothing concrete) assuming Diarra is back and Karaban is gone. I think Karaban should go if he’s guaranteed $$$

Reaction Score
duke boards are in meltdow, with good reason. They are keeping 3/11 players....2 to the league, 1 out of eligibility, 5 transfers.

It should be an embarrassment to the program that they had 5 outgoing transfers (i think it actually might be 6 or 7, with oft not playing schutt and reeves leaving i think). Scheyer has said he intended to build a roster where people stick around, and has utterly failed at that.

Duke fan copium is that "times have changed".....how many outgoing transfers does uconn hvae? 0?

Something is rotten in durham...
No problem. The refs will work that much harder to get duke in the elite eight and fans will be happy.

Reaction Score
This is what happens when you stockpile 5 stars and there’s not enough PT. I’ve preached this for years that PT is the what players crave the most and will leave without it. Hurley has been able to build rosters with depth, hope we keep our players.

Reaction Score
This is what happens when you stockpile 5 stars and there’s not enough PT. I’ve preached this for years that PT is the what players crave the most and will leave without it. Hurley has been able to build rosters with depth, hope we keep our players.
and yet ball, stewart, ross, and singare all are sticking around, while equivalently played players at duke are noping out. (hope i don't eat my words on this one...)

Oh and johnson despite being "recruited over" with reed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom