Updated AP Poll - #26 UConn | The Boneyard

Updated AP Poll - #26 UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wichita State is 2-4. And still ranked #20. Wut.

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Going to assume that this is not the final poll.

WSU was ranked 20th last week. They were ranked 9th the week before. They lost 3 games last week. Yet the ranking next to their name says they were ranked 9th last week.

In other words, that poll is wrong at least as it relates to WSU.

Reaction Score
Cruise by SHU and sit back and wait for some losses in the lower half of the top 25 and we'll be right back in it next week to face Maryland.

Reaction Score
Being ranked 18th and losing two games, one to an unranked team, usually means your out of the top 25. Syracuse being much better than anticipated saved UConn from being lower.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Being ranked 18th and losing two games, one to an unranked team, usually means your out of the top 25. Syracuse being much better than anticipated saved UConn from being lower.

If UConn took Michigan's path - lost to Michigan, beat Charlotte, and then beat Texas.... So 2-1 (instead of 1-2). . UConn would probably still be ranked in the top 25.

Reaction Score
If UConn took Michigan's path - lost to Michigan, beat Charlotte, and then beat Texas.... So 2-1 (instead of 1-2). . UConn would probably still be ranked in the top 25.

True, but would our overall resume be better?

The Charlotte win means nothing, so would you rather

Michigan - W
Syracuse - L
Gonzaga - L

or

Michigan - L
Texas - W

Looks about even, I guess.

Reaction Score

Michigan - W
Syracuse - L
Gonzaga - L

or

Michigan - L
Texas - W

Michigan is a better win right now than Texas is. Also, you get a nice bump in SOS playing Michigan, Syracuse, Gonzaga versus playing Michigan, Charlotte, Texas.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cruise by SHU and sit back and wait for some losses in the lower half of the top 25 and we'll be right back in it next week to face Maryland.

This is marginally sad.....but I'm all in!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Michigan - W
Syracuse - L
Gonzaga - L

or

Michigan - L
Texas - W

I'll take the first actually. If we are going to lose, especially by the skin of our teeth, I'd rather it be against higher ranked teams. Michigan might end up above Texas at the end of the year. I think they'll come together.

Reaction Score
When it comes to RPI, is your resume based on the RPI of the team you played the day you played them or at the end of the season? For example I checked the Daily RPI from before the Gonzaga game and Gonzaga's was 103 or something like that. I strongly believe their RPI would be higher at the end of the season. So was our loss a loss to a RPI 100+ team or will it be considered whatever the RPI is at the end of the season?

Reaction Score
When it comes to RPI, is your resume based on the RPI of the team you played the day you played them or at the end of the season? For example I checked the Daily RPI from before the Gonzaga game and Gonzaga's was 103 or something like that. I strongly believe their RPI would be higher at the end of the season. So was our loss a loss to a RPI 100+ team or will it be considered whatever the RPI is at the end of the season?

It's every team's full season. So, as teams we play also play their seasons out it can move our RPI between games too.

Reaction Score
LOL Must have been Mike Brey who gave Monmouth a vote.

Reaction Score
It's every team's full season. So, as teams we play also play their seasons out it can move our RPI between games too.
Gotcha that is what I thought but I wasn't sure. Thank you for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom