Update on KML: back 3-5 weeks | The Boneyard

Update on KML: back 3-5 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Great news !

Couldn't ask for a better Christmas present.

nadzvis-xe-sashishia-284x160.jpg

HGN

Reaction Score
Other than being ready to go today thats about the Best news we could hope for. Still may not play against Duke but being back that early is great .

Nothing on MoTuck I take it ?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yay. I'm happy that she will be healed.

It's of secondary importance, but the injury will limit her career totals, including 3-pointers.

As we go through more seasons, I come to appreciate the indestructible Maya Moore even more: 154 game, 150 wins, 4 losses, 0 games missed.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Still to be determined is how well she shoots once she does get back.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yay. I'm happy that she will be healed.

It's of secondary importance, but the injury will limit her career totals, including 3-pointers.

As we go through more seasons, I come to appreciate the indestructible Maya Moore even more: 154 game, 150 wins, 4 losses, 0 games missed.

Maya is the Timex watch of WBB......

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The good news, she can keep in shape by ride the bike and doing pool workouts.............Cardio is the key........

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
KML should be back right around the time that NBC will air "It's A Wonderful Life". Hows that for timing!!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'm still hoping for just before the Duke game!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Great news for KML and your program.

I would rather Duke play UConn at full strength than with 7 players. It is always a good measuring stick to see how you stack up against the best when they are at their best. So I am hoping KML will be able to play.

Plus, lets be honest here...it would look terrible when Duke loses with UConn having 7 players, especially when Duke has 11 players on its roster who were McDonalds and/or WBCA All-Americans. :)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Maya never had a two-hundred pound center land on her arm. This could have happened to anyone, including Maya, and of course (I'm sure people realize) has nothing to do with KLM's endurance. Some things have to do with luck. She is so spectacular! I'm thrilled to think she is healing so nicely.

Reaction Score
Still to be determined is how well she shoots once she does get back.

Yes, this is the critical question. Does she get her stroke back right away, or does it
take months to get back in the groove?

Kaleena can do many things for this team, but a 40+% from beyond the arc would really change
how teams have to deal with UConn defensively.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Plus, lets be honest here...it would look terrible when Duke loses with UConn having 7 players, especially when Duke has 11 players on its roster who were McDonalds and/or WBCA All-Americans. :)

It would be a no win situation either way. If Duke would beat UCONN with them just having 7 players..... there would be an asterisk* next to the victory in everyone's eyes. If Duke would lose in that situation..... well this pic would be appropriate

2333835-turrible.jpg

Reaction Score
John Altavilla has Rosemary Ragle saying as soon as three weeks. Considering most the predictions say 3-5 weeks then reasonably split the difference, say four weeks.
December 17th.

Reaction Score
Maya never had a two-hundred pound center land on her arm. This could have happened to anyone, including Maya, and of course (I'm sure people realize) has nothing to do with KLM's endurance. Some things have to do with luck. She is so spectacular! I'm thrilled to think she is healing so nicely.

I went to several WNBA games this summer as well as watched all I could on tv. I was amazed how hard the women play. I saw Skylar Diggins and Kristi Tolliver's heads bounce off the floor and thought they would have concussions but they got right back up and kept playing.

I've personally found out how bad an elbow injury can be. I strained something in my left elbow last summer and it's just now healing up. You don't realize how much you bend your arm until you injure your elbow. Sleeping really affects it and I would be sore when getting up a lot of days.

I hope her injury heals up fast.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I went to several WNBA games this summer as well as watched all I could on tv. I was amazed how hard the women play. I saw Skylar Diggins and Kristi Tolliver's heads bounce off the floor and thought they would have concussions but they got right back up and kept playing.

I've personally found out how bad an elbow injury can be. I strained something in my left elbow last summer and it's just now healing up. You don't realize how much you bend your arm until you injure your elbow. Sleeping really affects it and I would be sore when getting up a lot of days.

I hope her injury heals up fast.
Welcome to the board! :)

Reaction Score
Yes, this is the critical question. Does she get her stroke back right away, or does it
take months to get back in the groove?.

She has plenty of time to get her stroke back and she doesn't have to get it back right away.

Kaleena can do many things for this team, but a 40+% from beyond the arc would really change
how teams have to deal with UConn defensively.

Yeah we may win by 40 instead of 20.

Just having her on the floor will mean teams have to guard her whether she shoots 40% or struggles.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wonder if she will be wearing an elbow pad when she returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom