UNC-Tenn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UNC-Tenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I still wish we had gotten Diamond, because I see the talent and the potential. But even amidst the hot mess, she was a one-woman hot mess of her own for much of the game, at least the portions I watched (most of the 1st half and part of the 2nd). Her line bears it out:

3-14 FG
1-7 3pt
1-2 FT
1 reb
1 ast
3 stl
0 blk
6 t/o
5 fouls

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
I was thinking how much better they looked with Simmons on the bench.

She hasn't changed a bit, in spite of pre-season declaration of better team ball.

I painfully agree. I did see her actually try to dish the ball off a couple of times in the second half, but the posts couldn't convert. But her shot selection hasn't improved any.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I painfully agree. I did see her actually try to dish the ball off a couple of times in the second half, but the posts couldn't convert. But her shot selection hasn't improved any.
This is most certainly true.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Which player had the knee injury ?? (Not watching anymore, on account of the game being accurately described as a hot mess).
The injured player was not Jessica Washington but rather Megan Buckland. The announcers first thought it was Washington, but they were wrong.

And yes, the game was awful.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
She makes the occasional good pass. But most of the time she tries to be too flashy or squeeze a pass into a spot she shouldn't.

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
I still wish we had gotten Diamond, because I see the talent and the potential...

I think there were a number of players on both ends of the court that have the talent and potential. What they lack is solid coaching. Yes most of the players are young (1 senior between both teams I believe) I understand that. I don't watch enough UNC to make an honest analysis of them, but I do UT. It's a mental thing for them, and Holly needs to fix that. I haven't finished Voepel's article on ESPN.com, but she touched on it a little. It's time to shake off any emotional effects of this coaching transition and play ball.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You can see why Carter was missed last year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You can see why Carter was missed last year.

I thought she was better than Massengale and should be starting at the point? She made two 3's and two free throws in 2 minutes late in the first half. She had 2 points the rest of the game with ZERO assists.

Reaction Score
But ask yourself this question. Why did TENN get into a track meet with UNC? If they had just run offense and used their experience they could have easily won this game and looked good doing so. It almost seems that Holly can not dictate her wishes to her players!

Reaction Score
NoCar is terrible, no order, plan! I lost a lot of respect for Sylvia Hatchell when she made the comment in an interview, several years back, "I don't care if we have 100 turn-overs as long as we run fast every play!"

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Anyone who thought that UNC had a chance of competing for the top of the ACC and/or beating Duke... needs to get kicked in both shins... and their ankles too

With that being said... LETS GO VOLS

You know what, I'll risk having both ankles and both shins kicked, because I do think "UNC" has a great chance of competing for an ACC championship :p. Their freshman need time to adjust and I think by the end of the season you'll see a much different team than you saw tonight. Besides, I like rooting for the underdog, and UNC should be an underdog against Maryland, Duke and ND. They have the talent to beat the aforementioned teams, but they can't play sloppy like they did tonight or they won't win any of those games..

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know what, I'll risk having both ankles and both shins kicked, because I do think "UNC" has a great chance of competing for an ACC championship :p. Their freshman need time to adjust and I think by the end of the season you'll see a much different team than you saw tonight. Besides, I like rooting for the underdog, and UNC should be an underdog against Maryland, Duke and ND. They have the talent to beat the aforementioned teams, but they can't play sloppy like they did tonight or they won't win any of those games..
And what gives you any reason to believe they will get coached up to play team ball? - RSHERMVIKES hit it with that quote from about 5 years ago and it has been a long time since a UNC team had both enough talent and enough coaching to really compete. They have the talent back, but no sign of any coaching on the horizon.

Reaction Score
So much negativity here on this board besides a few comments. is the only perfect person nobody is perfect. Bashing women's basketball players.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
It's just a UCONN fan board, and we are watching athletes some of whom were recruited by us and thinking about what they need to learn and how much they would be learning had they made other choices. UCONN bball is a thing of great beauty, and we enjoy it. It's too bad that the aesthetic doesn't or can't spread. The sport would be much the better for it.

HGN

Reaction Score
Is this the group of NC recruits that talked about "four national championships" the day they committed to Carolina?
I remember them saying that too.........Yep, its the same group of girls. They may indeed win 4 NC's but it will not be playing like they did last night.

Reaction Score
So much negativity here on this board besides a few comments. is the only perfect person nobody is perfect. Bashing women's basketball players.
Thank you for adding to the negativity.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is neither useful nor good to pit religious and non religious against each other.

In another venue Dunninger the mentalist used to say beginning his shows, "For those who believe no explanation is necessary and for those who do not none will suffice."

We are guaranteed the right to believe as each of us is want to do in this nation let that be sufficient among us. peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom