umass | Page 2 | The Boneyard

umass

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Its an interesting situation, playing 90 miles from campus. Most of their alumni is in eastern Mass. so we'll see. Appears they are going to Gillette long term, their upgrades are for a training facility and a better press box at their stadium short term, seating to 25k is not guaranteed yet. They would like to play a midweek league game or two at Amherst plus big paydays away against BCS schools.

Boston is a pro town. Nobody is going to give a damn about seeing Bowling Green and Kent State.

Reaction Score
It might not be - but it won't be because someone updated wikipedia.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. I was just implying they have a devoted fanbase. You have comprehension issues.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. I was just implying they have a devoted fanbase. You have comprehension issues.

Or you said that history matters in reference to their wikipedia updates. It's UMass. If UConn isn't kicking the out of them 20 years from now thats an indictment of everyone employed in the UConn athletic department until then.

Reaction Score
Or you said that history matters in reference to their wikipedia updates. It's Fecunditying UMass. If UConn isn't kicking the **** out of them 20 years from now thats an indictment of everyone employed in the UConn athletic department until then.
A history matters in marketing. To recruits and fans. Look at the "big" programs.

Many of our fans obviously view us as an expansion franchise when we actually a very unique history. Fecunditying UMass is now one of the oldest FBS programs. I would have to do research to see where they stand.

Reaction Score
Its an interesting situation, playing 90 miles from campus. Most of their alumni is in eastern Mass. so we'll see. Appears they are going to Gillette long term, their upgrades are for a training facility and a better press box at their stadium short term, seating to 25k is not guaranteed yet. They would like to play a midweek league game or two at Amherst plus big paydays away against BCS schools.

This will be the case for several years to come, UMass has had fiscal problems for a long time, that institution needs a ton of upgrading, it's a dump, don't know if they've done any upgrading recently but I don't see them building a stadium any time soon, using the Rent for home games would make sense, but I doubt that would happen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A history matters in marketing. To recruits and fans. Look at the "big" programs.

Many of our fans obviously view us as an expansion franchise when we actually a very unique history. Fecunditying UMass is now one of the oldest FBS programs. I would have to do research to see where they stand.

Jesus those programs have real history.

I'll do you a favor - you can pretend that UConn and UMass have a history that matters to anyone, and I'll just laugh to myself.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UMass will be one of the top teams in the MAC within 5 years or the coach should be fired. There is no reason for UMass not to be successful.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Perhaps it is because I went to UConn during the 90's, but I am actually one of those people that really care that the UConn - UMass history is what it is. I hate them. I don't care if they are wearing their new Rutgers-like jerseys (which may actually allow me to hate them more) or their old Temple-like jerseys, I hope we win by 40 points.

And to all on this thread that have expressed that they hope UMass succeeds to make the rivalry better; the only way they "succeed" is if they start beating us.....I'm not having it!! :mad:

Reaction Score
i still want black unis that we can wear once or twice a year for special games. all black with blue sneaks an lines. would look real cool. black helmet with the block C in the spray paint blue color like baylors green. on the front "the cut" and names on the back in blue.

i think the umass ones a interesting, they are playing in these the whole season. kinda ruff to start off your bcs dreams with getting rid of the maroon for a year. i think they could have thought it thru different with how much game time for the black unis and also going to a block M to counter uconn or something. but hey, they are trying and putting the effort in right away just like we did. 10 years from now new england is going to look alot different. call me crazy but if Delaware and Ohio also go for it, things are going to get interesting in the northeast soon.
The 'cut? I've never heard anyone refer to Connecticut as that before. I have to disagree on that; it sounds like we're trying too hard to be hip and relevant.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jesus those programs have real history.

I'll do you a favor - you can pretend that UConn and UMass have a history that matters to anyone, and I'll just laugh to myself.

I should clarify to outside of UConn and UMass fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The 'cut? I've never heard anyone refer to Connecticut as that before. I have to disagree on that; it sounds like we're trying too hard to be hip and relevant.

Exactly. Black unic with "The 'cut"? Kill me now.

Reaction Score
"UConn" might work on our unis. But at the same time, It might conflict with the logo. Which is why we have "Connecticut" on our jerseys.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

color wise the unis would look cool and be a bit different, it would work. as far as "the cut" thats a younger thing thats starting the spread. kind of like "the ville". i think ti would be a fun thing but i would be fine with uconn on black jerseys also. just get me some black jerseys lol. i want a blackout night on saturday abc in the future!!!

Reaction Score
color wise the unis would look cool and be a bit different, it would work. as far as "the cut" thats a younger thing thats starting the spread. kind of like "the ville". i think ti would be a fun thing but i would be fine with uconn on black jerseys also. just get me some black jerseys lol. i want a blackout night on saturday abc in the future!!!
UMass has black as part of their school's colors. That's why they were able to create black jerseys so smoothly.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Idk, maybe because I grew up south of Hartford I don't understand the UMass obsession. We could play Central and I wouldn't care. We should continue to punch up, not down.

I was at several U-Games, meh. Only scheduled to pump up the Squid after the Camby run, but he was gone.

I fully wish Umass the best in there hopes to UConn's replacement in the NNNBE. Officially they are about 30 years behind us on their journey, until then......zzzzzzzzzz.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89