Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
UMassUniforms.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
Agree, they should have used a smaller font. 6 point type would have worked well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i still want black unis that we can wear once or twice a year for special games. all black with blue sneaks an lines. would look real cool. black helmet with the block C in the spray paint blue color like baylors green. on the front "the cut" and names on the back in blue.

i think the umass ones a interesting, they are playing in these the whole season. kinda ruff to start off your bcs dreams with getting rid of the maroon for a year. i think they could have thought it thru different with how much game time for the black unis and also going to a block M to counter uconn or something. but hey, they are trying and putting the effort in right away just like we did. 10 years from now new england is going to look alot different. call me crazy but if Delaware and Ohio also go for it, things are going to get interesting in the northeast soon.

Reaction Score
Can't believe they have us beat on uniforms already! At least we have a better logo. We need a uniform redesign. Quick.

Reaction Score
Hope UMass does well. Wouldn't mind if we played them regularly like Cincy does with Miami (OH). Beats playing Buffalo all the time.

Reaction Score
Like the uniforms. It's just a matter of time before UMASS is in the Big East either as our replacement or to join us as a rival.

Someone should post the new uniform on the BC message board. Something tells me the Beagles are not all too excited to see UMASS advancing their profile.

Reaction Score
Looks to me as if UMass does have a nice upside. Their fans actually covered their seasons on Wikipedia going back to 1962. While we only have write ups going back to 1999. "Oh, we don't care about the past!" That might come back to haunt us if UMass succeeds. History/tradition does matter. Duh.

Reaction Score
BFD. All the UMass history you need to know is this: In the greatest year of UMass football history, they lost to UConn twice.
They still won the national championship.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Looks to me as if UMass does have a nice upside. Their fans actually covered their seasons on Wikipedia going back to 1962. While we only have write ups going back to 1999. "Oh, we don't care about the past!" That might come back to haunt us if UMass succeeds. History/tradition does matter. Duh.

Yes if it turns out that a MAC team playing in an NFL stadium miles from campus proves to have a better program than UConn over time we can attribute it to people documenting seasons from the 70s on wikipedia.

I imagine Dr J has a wikipedia page, I know the world is enthralled with UMass basketball every spring when they make their run at .500.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
They gonna rock those black unis against us? That would be pretty cool. Side note....anyone know if this UMass game is an annual rivalry or just something that got scheduled years back and then UMass became FBS? I ask because, not that this has ANY credibility, but in NCAA '13 they call the game "The U Game". Don't know where they got that from but I would dig this becoming a yearly rivalry with a trophy. If BC doesn't wanna play, screw 'em. We'll build the New England rivalry with UMass and BC can continue to be left out in the cold.

Reaction Score
Hey, we need regional rivalries, it's not the best, but at least it will get us pumped to pound them. Like the black uni's, agree with Dan we need a pair.

Really thought they would go with a Block M logo on helmet, don't mind playing them, would not be surprised if they eventually beat BC as we will the next time we meet.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think playing UMass once every 13 years is about right. If they apologize for their consistant pattern of badmouth and slander towards UConn over the years I could see pushing it up to once a decade.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They gonna rock those black unis against us? That would be pretty cool. Side note....anyone know if this UMass game is an annual rivalry or just something that got scheduled years back and then UMass became FBS? I ask because, not that this has ANY credibility, but in NCAA '13 they call the game "The U Game". Don't know where they got that from but I would dig this becoming a yearly rivalry with a trophy. If BC doesn't wanna play, screw 'em. We'll build the New England rivalry with UMass and BC can continue to be left out in the cold.

The U game comes from the mid 90s basketball marketing. If I remember correctly there was at least one season where it wasnt in the UConn season ticket package and sales were brutally bad.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The U game comes from the mid 90s basketball marketing. If I remember correctly there was at least one season where it wasnt in the UConn season ticket package and sales were brutally bad.

I remember that. I think it was late '90s maybe even 2000. It was a separate ticket not included in packages. I remember that now. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Yes if it turns out that a MAC team playing in an NFL stadium miles from campus proves to have a better program than UConn over time we can attribute it to people documenting seasons from the 70s on wikipedia.

I imagine Dr J has a wikipedia page, I know the world is enthralled with UMass basketball every spring when they make their run at .500.

Its an interesting situation, playing 90 miles from campus. Most of their alumni is in eastern Mass. so we'll see. Appears they are going to Gillette long term, their upgrades are for a training facility and a better press box at their stadium short term, seating to 25k is not guaranteed yet. They would like to play a midweek league game or two at Amherst plus big paydays away against BCS schools.

Reaction Score
Hope UMass does well. Wouldn't mind if we played them regularly like Cincy does with Miami (OH). Beats playing Buffalo all the time.

I agree with this statement!

Reaction Score

Who said the MAC is the end of the road for UMass? You?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Plus it cost about 3 times as much as a normal ticket.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it's funny that some UMass fans actually suggested they play their home games at The Rent. It's much closer and easier to get to than Gillette.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who said the MAC is the end of the road for UMass? You?

It might not be - but it won't be because someone updated wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom