UConn women are having a Black Friday sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
BB15%20-%20WBB%20Black%20Friday.jpg

Reaction Score
Living across the country as I do, I cannot be at the game, but here is what I think should bring out the fans: Remember the NCAA tournament game (was it two years ago? last year?) in Omaha, after the home-standing Nebraska team got knocked out of the tournament? Remember when, instead of taking all their marbles and going home, the Nebraska fans showed up in force and enthusiastically watched UConn play whomever?

Seems to me they paid the Huskies the ultimate honor in terms of respect. IMHO, the most important reason Connecticut fans should pack the hall is to show that kind of respect for the visiting Huskers and to show their fans, back home, that Connecticut also knows how to play host.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Living across the country as I do, I cannot be at the game, but here is what I think should bring out the fans: Remember the NCAA tournament game (was it two years ago? last year?) in Omaha, after the home-standing Nebraska team got knocked out of the tournament? Remember when, instead of taking all their marbles and going home, the Nebraska fans showed up in force and enthusiastically watched UConn play whomever?

Seems to me they paid the Huskies the ultimate honor in terms of respect. IMHO, the most important reason Connecticut fans should pack the hall is to show that kind of respect for the visiting Huskers and to show their fans, back home, that Connecticut also knows how to play host.

Just like tomcat, I'm a little too far from Storrs (in my case about 2,000 miles). When I lived in Stamford, I thought that was too far from Storrs!! But I watch every game and will be watching on Saturday. Too bad the teams can't be aware of the fans watching on TV and enjoying the game because I know there are a lot of us.

Reaction Score
When I saw this thread, I was hoping they were selling those new uniforms.
They show the girls sweaty backs (Nurse's the worst) and then look goofy from the rear.
The shorts graphics are very unflattering.
Wow, whose relative made money off these. Should have used a pro and if they did, fire them!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
When I saw this thread, I was hoping they were selling those new uniforms.
They show the girls sweaty backs (Nurse's the worst) and then look goofy from the rear.
The shorts graphics are very unflattering.
Wow, whose relative made money off these. Should have used a pro and if they did, fire them!
Nike

Reaction Score
I am another new member and live close to Vegas. I enthusiastically try to watch every game available through TV net works or through streaming. Plus, I have already bought a Final Four ticket to cheer for the team. Hope to see some of you in Indianapolis.

Reaction Score
Nike
Must be contributing $ too. We could do much better uniform wise. It actually looks like a competitor paid Nike to design Husky uniforms that are very unflattering. We've had some really nice uniforms before. What the heck happened?

Reaction Score
Who cares about the uniforms? As long as the team wins. Some people will always find something to complain about I guess. Uniforms, music, pig noises, etc.

Reaction Score
The same criticism re unis was made about the hideous costumes for the US Women's Soccer team this year. Nike made those, too. All of this is a matter of taste. I do agree that what's in the unis is more important than what's outside. US women took home the Cup; expect our ladies to do the same--in any garb.

Reaction Score
The same criticism re unis was made about the hideous costumes for the US Women's Soccer team this year. Nike made those, too. All of this is a matter of taste. I do agree that what's in the unis is more important than what's outside. US women took home the Cup; expect our ladies to do the same--in any garb.
I guess I'm just trying to support the team. If my wife was running around with a big ole sweat stain on her shirt, I'd tell her.
Don't think it makes us look as good as we did tho.
And the ladies are Awesome Players. They deserve better. IMO

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Clever idea. Hope it brings out the fans.
Down from Maine for Thanksgiving, so we took advantage of the sale to get tickets for the Nebraska game. We'll make Hartford a stop on our way home Saturday. Glad to see the UConn athletic department is trying out smart strategies like this. Next: seat backs on more seating in Gampel!

Reaction Score
The same criticism re unis was made about the hideous costumes for the US Women's Soccer team this year. Nike made those, too. All of this is a matter of taste. I do agree that what's in the unis is more important than what's outside. US women took home the Cup; expect our ladies to do the same--in any garb.[/QUOTE

Christine is a Fashionista--great taste (usually), a class act. She is thriving to always to present Uconn Women , regardless of the event, in the best possible way. These new Uniforms do not present the Top team in America, holder of 10, National Championships, seeking number 11
in a professional, positive manner.

Reaction Score
Any one with in 100 miles should jump on this give away!! 10 bucks for tickets. You can bring mom, dad, sis, your 3 kids, hubby, and maybe grandad--this is the UCONN DEAL OF THE YEAR. No excuses on this one---they will never be less. Be there or be square~~!!!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I remember Geno offering huge compliments to the Nebraska fans after our winning that regional out there.
I kinda assume that he pursued a home/home with Nebraska after that event. Is this the front end of a 2 game/4 game series?
Hope so.

Reaction Score
Who cares about the uniforms? As long as the team wins. Some people will always find something to complain about I guess. Uniforms, music, pig noises, etc.
I agree some fans will complain about anything---like bad behavior, rudeness, dirty language---they are just SOOO politically incorrect.
This is America--we can say and do anything we want--without consideration of anyone's feelings or legality. Our Constitution give us free speech which mean in writing too (so says the supreme court).

Reaction Score
I agree some fans will complain about anything---like bad behavior, rudeness, dirty language---they are just SOOO politically incorrect.
This is America--we can say and do anything we want--without consideration of anyone's feelings or legality. Our Constitution give us free speech which mean in writing too (so says the supreme court).

Unless they've rewritten the Constitution to include the Boneyard in the 1st Amendment, you're mistaken.

Reaction Score
Unless they've rewritten the Constitution to include the Boneyard in the 1st Amendment, you're mistaken.
How can I be mistaken---my computer, my fingers typing and the First Amendment says we have FREE Speech--splain yourself!!! What puts the Boneyard outside of the First Amendment??
Actually those words were hyperbole--spoof--intended to show REALITY--BELIEFS related to another's posting. Actually the Boneyard IS within the Constitution even regulating what is written--because this is their Game, their site, their rules---accept the rules or don't play. That IS within the Constitution, it's called Contract law.

Reaction Score
How can I be mistaken---my computer, my fingers typing and the First Amendment says we have FREE Speech--splain yourself!!! What puts the Boneyard outside of the First Amendment??
Actually those words were hyperbole--spoof--intended to show REALITY--BELIEFS related to another's posting. Actually the Boneyard IS within the Constitution even regulating what is written--because this is their Game, their site, their rules---accept the rules or don't play. That IS within the Constitution, it's called Contract law.

back%20away.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman