UConn with three 1st round picks in latest draft. 2 in top 5. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn with three 1st round picks in latest draft. 2 in top 5.

caw

Reaction Score
So what are the chances (if all five stay in) that all five UConn guys actually get drafted?

If that happens, I would understand it rationally, but it would be odd that Sanogo would be the only starter of the last two years not drafted.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I looked at several mock drafts this morning, and the one thing I can say is that they are consistently inconsistent. Not just for UConn players, but for guys like Edey and Carter too

I've seen Newton go from 22 to undrafted. Clingan and Castle go from the beginning of the lottery to the end of the lottery.

Spencer is always mid to late 2nd round.

Karaban is the biggest question mark for obvious reasons. The highest I've seen him go is 35, will that be good enough to stay in the draft? That's a question for Alex to answer, not us. Obviously, if he has great workouts he can move up. I think he stays in the draft if he's a first round pick (thank you captain obvious)

Reaction Score
When does his decision have to be made re the draft?

Reaction Score
So what are the chances (if all five stay in) that all five UConn guys actually get drafted?

If that happens, I would understand it rationally, but it would be odd that Sanogo would be the only starter of the last two years not drafted.

All 5 will be drafted. It’s a weak draft. Not sure if Alex, Cam or Newton will get a full contract though.

Reaction Score

Last year was a deeper more talented draft. Also if Sanogo were 2 inches taller, he would've be drafted.

Reaction Score
I looked at several mock drafts this morning, and the one thing I can say is that they are consistently inconsistent. Not just for UConn players, but for guys like Edey and Carter too

I've seen Newton go from 22 to undrafted. Clingan and Castle go from the beginning of the lottery to the end of the lottery.

Spencer is always mid to late 2nd round.

Karaban is the biggest question mark for obvious reasons. The highest I've seen him go is 35, will that be good enough to stay in the draft? That's a question for Alex to answer, not us. Obviously, if he has great workouts he can move up. I think he stays in the draft if he's a first round pick (thank you captain obvious)
If the talk of next years draft being more deep with talent, Alex could improve his game and be in the same draft position.

Reaction Score
It would be difficult to be much worse. Miller seems like the real freaking deal, so glad we passed on Scoot for him. Now if we only had a coach lol.
Or Chauncey Gardener

Reaction Score
Clingan Top 3
Castle Top 5
Newtown Top 35, Early 2nd
Karaban Mid 2nd
Spencer Mid-Late 2nd

A bit optimistic maybe but just my opinion. Karaban is the only question mark in my mind as he could easily come back. But draft stock wise I don’t see him improving much more even with another year of skill development and improved shooting. Mid 2nd seems like his ceiling.

Reaction Score
Clingan Top 3
Castle Top 5
Newtown Top 35, Early 2nd
Karaban Mid 2nd
Spencer Mid-Late 2nd

A bit optimistic maybe but just my opinion. Karaban is the only question mark in my mind as he could easily come back. But draft stock wise I don’t see him improving much more even with another year of skill development and improved shooting. Mid 2nd seems like his ceiling.
AK's shooting really fell off..If he came back and was 45+% 3pt shooter, don't you think he's in a better spot?

Reaction Score
AK's shooting really fell off..If he came back and was 45+% 3pt shooter, don't you think he's in a better spot?
Absolutely no doubts about that especially with the way the game is being played in today’s NBA.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
At what position in the second round do draftees go from guaranteed multi million guaranteed to no guarantee or 2 way contracts?

Reaction Score
At what position in the second round do draftees go from guaranteed multi million guaranteed to no guarantee or 2 way contracts?
2nd round picks are no guaranteed. You would have to negotiate it. Maybe at most 1/3 of the 2nd round players negotiate 2nd round picks but I'm sure that varies year to year. Technically no team has to give a player a guaranteed contract if they are drafted in the 2nd round.

Reaction Score

It's not about coming back and getting in a better spot. If you get first-round money, you leave. The NBA has more robust and specialized coaching, where he could improve his shot just as well as he could here.

If the NBA thinks he defense is workable, he'll go first round and leave. If they don't, he'll stay. I don't think the question is much more complicated than that, honestly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom