Uconn Weekly Spotlight: Kiah | The Boneyard

Uconn Weekly Spotlight: Kiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Wow, those block numbers are pretty impressive, considering she was on the bench for huge stretches of time. Seeing her shut down Elizabeth Williams as a freshman really showed her potential...I would love for her to have a huge junior season!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
pap...good article. Very fair and balanced, not trying to make Kiah's first two years more than they were, but pointing out interesting stats. Next to Tuck breaking out in a big way, IMO Stokes will be the pleasant surprise of the year. 15th in UConn history in blocks already! Highest shooting % on the team last season at 66%. 113 rebounds in 342 minutes, best average per minute on the team. With nine players Geno and CD will need her and IMO she will "get it" and break out..!! Go Huskies..!!

Reactions: HGN

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Me thinks Kiah and Morgan are going to take a lot of people by surprise this year.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I don't understand why anyone should be surprised by anything Morgan does.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kiah! Kiah! Kiah!

In other words, I'm rooting for ya...hard.

We may have the best 5 in WCBB next year in Stef, but if the light comes on for Kiah next year, I'll be a) happy and excited for her, and b) as happy and excited about the 2014-15 starting lineup as I am for this season.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
There was a term "garbage collector" that was quite common a few decades ago and seems to be out of style.
It describes a type of player who gets a lot of points cleaning up O-boards with easy put-backs.
Among her other attributes, Morgan is quintessentially that type.
It seems easy, but actually it's a uncommon skill…that a big girl (in this case), is often in the best position to get the rebound, having avoided the block out and knows what to do with it once she gets it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hope she makes this her break out year. You'll notice what she said in that, if she does not play/work up to her "potential", Geno won't play her much. For Geno, it's not just playing well, it's playing to one's potential, not cheating oneself.

HGN

Reaction Score
Great article..........I agree with her when she said that coming to UConn her confidence took a hit being around .... And I think once she does become more aggressive she will blossom into the player we all know she can be.

GO KIAH.!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kiah... don't settle! Great potential unrealized is an empty legacy. You want to look back and say I left it all out there - every practice, every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom