Uconn vs Ville guards, stats give Uconn a slight edge | The Boneyard

Uconn vs Ville guards, stats give Uconn a slight edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who has the edge in guard play the stats say Uconn.

R Smith 18.7 pts.
P. Siva. 11.9
Combined 30.6 pts, 42.7% FG, 36% 3pt., 81.7 FT, 5.9 RB, 8.7 assist, 4.7 steals.

S. Napier 17.5 pts.
Boat. 16.1 pts
Combined 33.6 pts, 46.3% FG, 38% 3 pt., 78.6% FT, 7.3 RB, 8.5 assist, 3.3 steals

I give a small edge to Uconn. Should be interesting tonight to see if one pair can significantly outplay the other.
Bring it on!!

Reaction Score
Stats mean nothing. PS plays his best games against us.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!

caw

Reaction Score
Who has the edge in guard play the stats say Uconn.

R Smith 18.7 pts.
P. Siva. 11.9
Combined 30.6 pts, 42.7% FG, 36% 3pt., 81.7 FT, 5.9 RB, 8.7 assist, 4.7 steals.

S. Napier 17.5 pts.
Boat. 16.1 pts
Combined 33.6 pts, 46.3% FG, 38% 3 pt., 78.6% FT, 7.3 RB, 8.5 assist, 3.3 steals

I give a small edge to Uconn. Should be interesting tonight to see if one pair can significantly outplay the other.
Bring it on!!

Minutes should be factored in. That shifts things to UL's favor, slightly.

Reaction Score
For some reason I don't think Siva bites us like he usually does. For the majority, his baskets and energy came off screen and dives/rolls, because our bigs (ahem ahem) had no discipline to speak of on d

Reaction Score
Louisville would take a "wash" at the G positions. Our big guys figure larger each game with Dieng getting back into playing shape and Behanen busting through to the next level.

caw

Reaction Score
God I'm getting hyped. Wish I could make it up.

Lots of things need to go right for UConn to win, but these are my keys:

1. TO's, not Tyler, Turnovers. Need to keep these down. Siva and Smith create a lot of UL's offense off of TO's and in order to keep the game close you need to keep these down. If you are turning the ball over, make sure it goes out of bounds. My biggest worry here is Calhoun. He has a bit of a spotty handle and he is probably the biggest weakness of UConn's guards.
  2. Rebounding. Olander/Wolf/Daniels/Giffey all need to continue to do well on the boards. Daniels and Wolf will probably need to provide the most.
I think UConn might actually have to go to a bigger lineup against UL at some point tonight Daniels will need to sit and if Nolan/Tolksdorf aren't up to it, then Olander will need to slide to the four and Wolf will have to man the five. I'm not sure Giffey can defend Behannan or Harrell in the post. Another option would be a zone, which Ollie does seem use more than Calhoun ever did.
Next year it will be nice to have more bigs.
I also expect to see some light pressing from UConn, to control the pace of the game more than anything else. UL will press a ton and UL's press is not as lax as DePaul's.

Reaction Score
God I'm getting hyped. Wish I could make it up.

Lots of things need to go right for UConn to win, but these are my keys:

1. TO's, not Tyler, Turnovers. Need to keep these down. Siva and Smith create a lot of UL's offense off of TO's and in order to keep the game close you need to keep these down. If you are turning the ball over, make sure it goes out of bounds. My biggest worry here is Calhoun. He has a bit of a spotty handle and he is probably the biggest weakness of UConn's guards.
  2. Rebounding. Olander/Wolf/Daniels/Giffey all need to continue to do well on the boards. Daniels and Wolf will probably need to provide the most.
I think UConn might actually have to go to a bigger lineup against UL at some point tonight Daniels will need to sit and if Nolan/Tolksdorf aren't up to it, then Olander will need to slide to the four and Wolf will have to man the five. I'm not sure Giffey can defend Behannan or Harrell in the post. Another option would be a zone, which Ollie does seem use more than Calhoun ever did.

Next year it will be nice to have more bigs.
I also expect to see some light pressing from UConn, to control the pace of the game more than anything else. UL will press a ton and UL's press is not as lax as DePaul's.

You got Calhoun bringing it up tonight?

Crap!!

caw

Reaction Score
You got Calhoun bringing it up tonight?

Crap!!

How about we play the game with the coaching staffs? I'll take UConn by about 35.

Ollie, Moore, Hobbs, Miller, Freeman, Blaney

vs

Pitino, Jones, Keatts, Richardson, Davenport and McGee

Reaction Score
If you look at minutes you would then have to look at SOS. Uconn #12, Ville 17. Uconn has played 5 top 50 RPI and Ville 3. Best to forget minutes and SOS and just look at the numbers. Slight edge to Uconn.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Ollie had a 'ball handling under pressure drill'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member