UConn vs. USF. Badass Awards go to. . . | The Boneyard

UConn vs. USF. Badass Awards go to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Stewie, Moria and Team Defense.

Ok, it's a little unorthodox and some 'Yarders may suggest that I overlooked Lou or Gabby or Morgan or Kia. Think again.

Mo's D on Williams -- a genuine AA -- got her so visibly frustrated that it seemed to pervade her team.

Stewie blocked several shots, discouraged others, rebounded fiercely and stole a few balls from the Bulls.

Mo and Stewie also played pretty well on the other end of the court. ;)
How good was the Team D? Even during a sluggish 1st quarter, USF needed three banked three-pointers, a magical touch that deserted them the rest of the evening.

Strictly Badass team defense! :)

Reaction Score
Yes, Kib. That was one of the greatest defensive TEAM efforts I have ever seen. Moriah and Gabby were fantastic in shutting down C. Williams. Well done, guys. Well done.

If the entire team cannot be your badass recipient, then my vote must go to ummm Gabby Jefferson.

Reaction Score
Kibitzer said: "Stewie, Moria and Team Defense."

With all due respect, Professor Grammar, WHO THE HELL IS "MORIA?"

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kibitzer said: "Stewie, Moria and Team Defense."

With all due respect, Professor Grammar, WHO THE HELL IS "MORIA?"

Good catch. My careless and inexcusable error. Sorry.:(

At least I got USF right. ;)

Reaction Score
Well....That was fun. Defense was smothering tonight.

Reaction Score
When people discuss how much UConn will miss Stewie and Mo, they think offense. As we saw tonight, it is their defense that made the biggest difference. Next year, Geno will have to compensate for the absence of Stewie as a rim protector and Mo blanketing the other teams best player or point guard, on defense. That will be UConn's greatest challenge next year.

Reaction Score
Uconn lost a great defender after Stewie, and Mo's freshmen year in Kelly, then the next year, Stef, then Kiah, and yet the defense gets better the constant is Stewie, Mo, and Tuck.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Did anyone notice Uconn running a little box and one defense in the second half - really shocked me - Mo was in Williams shirt and the other four were playing zone. I do not believe I have ever seen Uconn run that, and it only lasted for one or two possessions. Geno and his little science lab is churning!

Nother observation - Lou has actually played all five positions on this team with her getting a few minutes as center yesterday. She has spent most of her time in the 3 or 4, but some significant time as the two and a few minutes as PG and Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom