UConn vs. Tulane. Badass Award goes to. . . | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Tulane. Badass Award goes to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Lou!

In addition to outscoring Tulane for a while, she played like an AA at both ends of the court and on both sides of the ball (enough cliches?:rolleyes:),

Permit comment about 2.5 badass moments in this game:

One, that nifty between-the-legs no-look bounce pass by Mo to Lou -- who caught & shot and drilled a triple.

Another, when Lou missed a trey from the corner, then had the rebound tapped back to her. Immediate reaction: same shot, same spot, take it -- bang! another triple.

Third, Mo racing to catch up with the ball rolling out of bounds, the imitating an NFL long-snapper by passing it between both legs -- then leaping onto and over the press table! Only .5 BA credit cuz she flipped the ball to a Tulane player.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Lou!

In addition to outscoring Tulane for a while, she played like an AA at both ends of the court and on both sides of the ball (enough cliches?:rolleyes:),

Permit comment about 2.5 badass moments in this game:

One, that nifty between-the-legs no-look bounce pass by Mo to Lou -- who caught & shot and drilled a triple.

Another, when Lou missed a trey from the corner, then had the rebound tapped back to her. Immediate reaction: same shot, same spot, take it -- bang! another triple.

Third, Mo racing to catch up with the ball rolling out of bounds, the imitating an NFL long-snapper by passing it between both legs -- then leaping onto and over the press table! Only .5 BA credit cuz she flipped the ball to a Tulane player.:rolleyes:
Agree 100%! Lou was a badass today

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe so! I tried Googling but couldn't find it.
I looked too and also couldn't find it. I thought for sure that Yogi, when speaking about an impressive prospect, said his entire future was ahead of him. Yogi apparently did say, "I don't make predictions, especially about the future," and "The future ain't what it used to be." I believe he also said, "I didn't really say everything I said."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Think back to 3 years ago. We lost the BE conference finals in another nail-biter to Notre Dame. The promising freshman, who had started her career with a solid 10-game stretch before hitting a slump and being a non-factor against Baylor, played well against the Irish. Then she sat out the first game of the NCAA tourney with a minor injury, before showing everyone how good she could be the next 5 games. We know, in hindsight, that Stewie won the Final Four MOP that year--and the next 2--but we weren't sure how good she would become or when back then. Lou's season has roughly paralleled Stewie's freshman campaign, plus she has Stewie to observe and learn from. I'm not saying that Lou will be a 3x All-American, but she is showing signs that it is possible.

Reaction Score
We know, in hindsight, that Stewie won the Final Four MOP that year--and the next 2--but we weren't sure how good she would become or when back then. Lou's season has roughly paralleled Stewie's freshman campaign, plus she has Stewie to observe and learn from. I'm not saying that Lou will be a 3x All-American, but she is showing signs that it is possible.
I am. Lou will be a 3X All-American.

Reaction Score
Lou is definitely not just a shooter. Great passing, great defense, runs the floor and she's tough. She might have a slim frame but I don't think she will get beat up like Stewart did. Or at least it won't affect her. She is a player that you can focus on all over the court to enjoy her game.

Reaction Score
Lou's interview after postgame

Been calling her Stewie 2 since she got here. This program was a good choice for her and those not afraid of working hard and being a team player. The multiple pass first offense plays into her getting open shots much like it did KML. She has a well rounded game and improving at a very good pace, she clearly has shaken off the frosh jitters. Speaking of passes check out what stewie served up her protégé @ 1:22, a thing of beauty. Assist, score, no celebration but rather both head back to play D. UConn women's basketball personified.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I hope everyone noticed her playing center for a few minutes today - lineup of Kia and Saniya, Gabby and Napheesa, with Lou holding down the middle. She did OK admittedly against a non-center team in Tulane.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From Mohegan. Watch Lou. She likes the rough stuff down low. Gives as well as she gets.

That's right. The more you get in the paint and "rough-house" it a little bit, the easier it gets. After awhile contact with other players doesn't bother you at all. Some of your best players that like to drive a lot, can drive the lane, get hit, and still make the shot.

Reaction Score
Hey Kicker, way to go!! That's the way to throw caution to the wind, and step way out there on that limb on faith. :p
Not a very long limb - have felt this way since she was a junior in HS (as have many others). Lou is gonna be a superstar. It took her half a season to get broken down and rebuilt in the 'Geno' way. Unlike some of our previous superstars, Lou has been a totally willing participant. Now look out. Lou is a superstar - maybe even this year (this month?).

If you really want me to go out on a limb, I totally expect another undefeated season and NC next year. That's not just optimism. I have been realistic in the past when we didn't have any bona fide first team All-Americans. Next year we do have (at least) one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom