UConn vs. Syracuse post game - on to the sweet 16! | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Syracuse post game - on to the sweet 16!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Survive and advance! And it really was a "survive game". Took a few years off my life - can't imagine what it did to Geno and CD LOL.

Huge game by Paige. Ash Fudd shot really well! Squeaked out the win. That shot by KK was the dagger. Live to play another day!

Reaction Score
Paige Ash Aaliyah and KK were totally clutch in a rock fight of a game. I like Coach Jack and she has changed the culture of Syracuse. But there was a good deal of cheesy play and that is taught behavior. But Paige & Co rose above it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Paige Ash Aaliyah and KK were totally clutch in a rock fight of a game. I like Coach Jack and she has changed the culture of Syracuse. But there was a good deal of cheesy play and that is taught behavior. But Paige & Co rose above it.
Yes, Syracuse is very different. I felt for Daiyesha Fair, her final game. Kid is a warrior

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Man, them refs, did everything they could to give Syracuse the game. What a bunch of clowns. And the Syracuse flopps. Never ever seen anything like it. But thanks to uconn fighting spirit. On to Portland.
GO HUSKIES.
I thought they were reasonably tolerable tonight. They basically let them play - the Huskies got away with some holds and bumps

Reaction Score
That was scary! Great job to survive when they could have folded. Huge game from Paige on both ends of the floor, but it was the shot by KK that sealed it. So proud of them for keeping it together when Nika fouled out. And congrats to Nika on becoming the all time assists leader. This was a tough game that showed how tough this team is. On to Duke!

Reaction Score
That was too close for comfort. Syracuse made UConn earn it. Damn Aussies. It seemed every time Syracuse needed a three, they got one.

It's official. KK and Ashlynn are no longer freshmen. Safe to say that three was KK's biggest bucket of her collegiate career.

We are beginning to run out of superlatives to describe Paige. Once Nika fouled out, Paige gave everything to stick with Fair, and that is after expending so much energy carrying the team. Her midrange pull-ups were reminiscent of the NC St classic 2 tourneys ago.

I think I lost count the number of times Aaliyah was slammed to the court. She will feel it tomorrow.

Great game - now I can relax and watch Iowa/West Virginia.

Reaction Score
Fantastic game. The maturity of the freshmen really shined brightly.
Paige is tough as hell. What a performance.
Gotta say, the Syracuse women are much harder to hate with Coach Jack in charge.
I’ll always hate the ‘Cuse guys, though. That ain’t changing!

Reaction Score
Some thoughts:

• Paige was awesome
  • Shade was also awesome
  • KK came through when we needed the big shot
  • Nika player great D for 35 minutes, then 2 dumb fouls almost cost us the game
  • AE struggled against the length of the zone but fought hard
  • ICE, out of respect, I will just say, we need something from her on O
  • That Aussie on the top of their zone really was a pain (for us)
  • Never would have thought SYR would have 13 3s (only 4 by Fair) and only 10 2's
  • I'm not sure about all of the SYR hate in the chat, I thought they played hard
  • This is what a 3-6 matchup looks like

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom