UConn vs. SMU Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. SMU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Lou was 3-3 underneath. Except when she was fouled a couple of games ago in the act of shooting, I don''t think she's missed a layup all year. Anyone remember one? Show's excellent concentration.

Reaction Score
What's scary unless the Freshmen are better then advertised, three of the players on the court will start next year.
I think Gabby will be fine in a starting role, and hopefully Butler and Collier make a big jump this summer. But, yeah, big step down next year, but that's to be expected given that we're losing one of the greatest recruiting classes of all time.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The reserves need to stop missing 24" shots.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Butler got clearly fouled with no call. Refs wants this to end?

Reaction Score
What's scary unless the Freshmen are better then advertised, three of the players on the court will start next year.
What's scary is that we're not enjoying the moment and instead worrying about what might or might not happen next year. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this is an amazing team, however the year turns out. Something like this rarely happens.

Reaction Score
So Lou was 3-3 underneath. Except when she was fouled a couple of games ago in the act of shooting, I don''t think she's missed a layup all year. Anyone remember one? Show's excellent concentration.
She's made some Gabby-like glass shots too. She definitely looks like she belongs in that starting line up now. Real improvement from a couple of months ago for sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Lou missed 1 or 2 chippies this year. There may have been contact.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
WatchESPN says the game has ended. WTH?
Watchh ESPN is awful. At least 6 times a game, the feed stops during commercials and I have to open another game and switch back in order to watch again. The audio and video fails to syncp at times and they are 30 seconds late coming back from commercials.
Oddly enough, it only seems to be SNY feeds they have trouble with.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why is this scary? Do you make the same comment every time the starters come out and throw a stinker for the first portion of the half?

Not trying to pick on you but you have players on the court who don't get "starters practice" meaning they don't play as a cohesive unit. Also, they are still all developing. And all will get to improve next year. Frankly I'm not at all worried about a starting lineup of Chong, Nurse, Samuelson, Williams and Tuck. Or mix and match - put in Dangerfield and Collier for Williams and Chong, or whatever.

I do agree that next year the days of 50 point blowouts might be replaced by 30 point blowouts. And the top teams we play may just beat us (ND, Texas, Maryland, Baylor, SC, etc - whether it's regular season or in the NCAA's), but there's so much time between now and then...

Reaction Score
Looks like Tuck is schooling Butler right now. Geno let the seniors do the talking in the time out. TLaw and Pulido in with 4 1/2 minutes to go.

Reaction Score
I think Gabby will be fine in a starting role, and hopefully Butler and Collier make a big jump this summer. But, yeah, big step down next year, but that's to be expected given that we're losing one of the greatest recruiting classes of all time.
I'm thinking Irwin might possibly break the starting five early next year.

Reaction Score
4th Q 4:25 Timeout

4th quarter score 7-6 Mustangs.

Not sure I want Kia Nurse shot attempt clinic back.

Reaction Score
Butler got clearly fouled with no call. Refs wants this to end?
I agree about the refs putting their whistles away. And I get that there's often a temptation to do that. But these kids who are out there now have worked hard in practice and they deserve a game that is officiated with some respect for the rules. Geno doesn't pay attention to the scoreboard; the officials have to resist that same temptation.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Ek has a nice shooting motion from the arc. She could still be a big help next year. But her defense...

Reaction Score
Saniya was unusually shaky with the ball tonight.
I felt like Ekmark has been playing better than Chong the last few games. Ekmark has just looked solid. Maybe not spectacular defense, but very steady on offense. I think Geno is disappointed with Chong to be honest, she's practically a senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom