UConn vs Jefferson University, Sun. Nov. 3, 1:00 PM (exhibition game) | The Boneyard

UConn vs Jefferson University, Sun. Nov. 3, 1:00 PM (exhibition game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1572722138649.png
FINALLY! We start tomorrow at 1 o'clock. Don't forget if you can't see the game, you can always listen (at least according to the UConn schedule website.)

Also, don't forget to adjust your clock before adjusting your radio dial. :D

So... other than a win, what do you think will happen tomorrow?

TuneIn [LINK]
To LINK to UConn schedule page, click graphic above

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's The Preview

STORRS, Conn. –
The fifth-ranked UConn women's basketball team will take the court for the first time in the Huskies' first exhibition Sunday against Jefferson at 1 p.m. in Gampel Pavilion.

The game will be streamed for free on uconnhuskies.com.

The Huskies are coming off a 35-3 season with the team's record 12th straight NCAA Final Four appearance. UConn won both the American regular season and tournament titles.

Senior Crystal Dangerfield, junior Megan Walker and sophomore Christyn Williams are UConn's returning starters. Along with Olivia Nelson-Ododa, the four were named to award watch lists for their positions: Dangerfield to the Nancy Lieberman Award (top point guard); Walker to the Cheryl Miller Award (top small forward); Williams to Ann Meyers Drysdale (top shooting guard); and Nelson-Ododa to Lisa Leslie Award (top center).

Dangerfield was named the American Athletic Conference Co-Preseason Player of the Year and was unanimously selected to the preseason all-conference first team. Walker was also named to the first team while Williams was tabbed to the second team.

The Huskies feature four newcomers this season: freshmen Aubrey Griffin and Anna Makurat and transfers Evelyn Adebayo and Evina Westbrook.

Hall of fame head coach Geno Auriemma enters his 35th season on the sideline for UConn. He is assisted by Women's Basketball Hall of Famer Chris Dailey, former UConn standout Shea Ralph and Jasmine Lister.

The Huskies were picked No. 5 in the preseason AP Poll and No. 4 in the preseason USA Today/Coaches Poll.

The Thomas Jefferson University women's basketball team is coming off its third CACC title in 2018-19. The Rams competed in the 2019 NCAA Division II Tournament.

Reaction Score
FINALLY! We start tomorrow at 1 o'clock. Don't forget if you can't see the game, you can always listen (at least according to the UConn schedule website.)

Also, don't forget to adjust your clock before adjusting your radio dial. :D

So... other than a win, what do you think will happen tomorrow?

TuneIn [LINK]
To LINK to UConn schedule page, click graphic above
Had to give you a like here for (at least) two reasons. First was the usefulness and timeliness of the information, and second was the astute use of the verb "adjust" in place of the more common and now archaic term "turn" (or "turn back" in today's case) because there is no (OK, little) actual turning of clocks to set the time any more. Reminded me of a colleague who once suggested that anyone who couldn't tell time using an analog watch didn't really know how to tell time at all. Or even older, that someone who couldn't shift gears using a manual transmission didn't really know how to drive.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Had to give you a like here for (at least) two reasons. First was the usefulness and timeliness of the information, and second was the astute use of the verb "adjust" in place of the more common and now archaic term "turn" (or "turn back" in today's case) because there is no (OK, little) actual turning of clocks to set the time any more. Reminded me of a colleague who once suggested that anyone who couldn't tell time using an analog watch didn't really know how to tell time at all. Or even older, that someone who couldn't shift gears using a manual transmission didn't really know how to drive.

I encounter people everyday here in So Cal driving cars with automatic transmissions that can’t drive worth a damn. :confused: One of the biggest problems we have here in the southland is drivers on their cellphones, and drivers turning left (late) on red lights, most of which that were red before they got to to limit line. Everyone is in a hurry and can’t wait for a fresh green arrow or light.

Back to basketball, enjoy the game today everyone. No doubt we’ll have lots to talk about afterwards.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
But how are they with clocks? :confused:

I don’t know. They’re usually talking on their phones or texting while driving. It’s amazing to me that some folks can’t put their phones down and concentrate on driving.

We have a much better chance of being involved in an accident with someone that’s distracted on their phone or texting, than with someone driving under the influence. It’s not uncommon to be at a stop light to look over at the car next to you and see the driver looking at or working his/her phone. SMH.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Here's The Preview

STORRS, Conn. –
The fifth-ranked UConn women's basketball team will take the court for the first time in the Huskies' first exhibition Sunday against Jefferson at 1 p.m. in Gampel Pavilion.

The game will be streamed for free on uconnhuskies.com.

The Huskies are coming off a 35-3 season with the team's record 12th straight NCAA Final Four appearance. UConn won both the American regular season and tournament titles.

Senior Crystal Dangerfield, junior Megan Walker and sophomore Christyn Williams are UConn's returning starters. Along with Olivia Nelson-Ododa, the four were named to award watch lists for their positions: Dangerfield to the Nancy Lieberman Award (top point guard); Walker to the Cheryl Miller Award (top small forward); Williams to Ann Meyers Drysdale (top shooting guard); and Nelson-Ododa to Lisa Leslie Award (top center).

Dangerfield was named the American Athletic Conference Co-Preseason Player of the Year and was unanimously selected to the preseason all-conference first team. Walker was also named to the first team while Williams was tabbed to the second team.

The Huskies feature four newcomers this season: freshmen Aubrey Griffin and Anna Makurat and transfers Evelyn Adebayo and Evina Westbrook.

Hall of fame head coach Geno Auriemma enters his 35th season on the sideline for UConn. He is assisted by Women's Basketball Hall of Famer Chris Dailey, former UConn standout Shea Ralph and Jasmine Lister.

The Huskies were picked No. 5 in the preseason AP Poll and No. 4 in the preseason USA Today/Coaches Poll.

The Thomas Jefferson University women's basketball team is coming off its third CACC title in 2018-19. The Rams competed in the 2019 NCAA Division II Tournament.

Great post Java. ;)

Reaction Score
Reminded me of a colleague who once suggested that anyone who couldn't tell time using an analog watch didn't really know how to tell time at all. Or even older, that someone who couldn't shift gears using a manual transmission didn't really know how to drive.

I've driven stick shift since forever. Last time I drove an automatic (it was a rental) I nearly got into an accident because I couldn't figure out how to downshift coming up to a stop sign, and only remembered at the literal last second that you brake on an automatic without changing gears. Never again.

But it's getting harder and harder to find manual transmissions in the US. Even when I take my car to the garage, many of the younger mechanics have no clue how to drive it.

Reaction Score
I used to re-set twice as many clocks as I do now. More of them are automated. Maybe in the future people won't know what it means to set a clock.

Reaction Score
From Gampel. I don't like these D2 exhibition games. Seems like they should playa D1 without the fan3.

Reaction Score
DSC_0055.JPG
This is why I went with a transmission with levers. :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I encounter people everyday here in So Cal driving cars with automatic transmissions that can’t drive worth a damn. :confused: One of the biggest problems we have here is drivers turning left (late) on red lights that are red before they get to to limit line. Everyone is in a hurry and can’t wait for a fresh green arrow or light.

Back to basketball, enjoy the game today everyone. No doubt we’ll have lots to talk about afterwards.
Californians are even worse here in Vegas, they're driving down the Strip with their cell phones filming the hotels and the lights, I've even seen a few Stop their cars to film the water show at the Bellagio.

Reaction Score
From Gampel. I don't like these D2 exhibition games. Seems like they should playa D1 without the fan3.
I think they should play local high schools instead if they can't have a D1 opponent. Another silly rule of the NCAA - you can play but no one can watch and no stats can be kept.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Honestly I don't have to adjust, turn, or turn back anything. Everything in my house is done automatically. By the way, for those of us with College Sports Live, the "Watch" option is there. It's not the big candle Cal will be, but let's light this mini candle! Time to play!

Reaction Score
View attachment 47711 This is why I went with a transmission with levers. :)
Annually my PA does a test of my mental capacity by saying : The big hand is on the 2 and the little hand is on the 10---what time is: How in the H--- am I supposed to know I wear a digital watch?? The last time I was asked that question was 81 years ago in first grade. Now if she up grades her question to digital I may do better??? Maybe not.

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't have to adjust, turn, or turn back anything. Everything in my house is done automatically. By the way, for those of us with College Sports Live, the "Watch" option is there. It's not the big candle Cal will be, but let's light this mini candle! Time to play!
Actually I have a Seth Thomas, Hoadley, Eli Terry all built in or near Northbury/Plymouth Hollow, Terryville, or Thomaston Ct (all were once Northbury, i.e. North Waterbury.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Annually my PA does a test of my mental capacity by saying : The big hand is on the 2 and the little hand is on the 10---what time is: How in the H--- am I supposed to know I wear a digital watch?? The last time I was asked that question was 81 years ago in first grade. Now if she up grades her question to digital I may do better??? Maybe not.
I've seen that issue among a lot of people. Fortunately for me there are still quite a few analog (love that term) clocks around town which keeps my time telling skills sharp. Plus I live in Brooklyn in plain sight of the old Williamsburg clock/bank which still works. It's just a few blocks from the Barclay's Center.
1572803912757.png

Carnac

Reaction Score
Californians are even worse here in Vegas, they're driving down the Strip with their cell phones filming the hotels and the lights, I've even seen a few Stop their cars to film the water show at the Bellagio.

You're right Serg, but don't just blame the folks from Cali. As you know, the strip is like Mardi Gras week in New Orleans 52 weekends a year. The strip is crazy on the weekends. 12:30 am, and it's still packed with tourists drinking, reveling and having a good time, seeing the sites and enjoying everything the strip has to offer.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Is anyone else being prevented from viewing "Full Screen"?
Oops, nevermind the fullscreen option just became active. :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yes, but LV Metro estimates that almost 74 percent of the out of town drivers are from CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom