UConn vs Canada | The Boneyard

UConn vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
This is going to be a tough game.....Canada employing pros Natalie Achonwa and others.

It's apparent that them USA has not been together as much as Canada.

Reaction Score
Too bad they didn't call that Jefferson block correctly. She basically nuked the ball into the other player's throat :D

Reaction Score
Nurse got the better of her UConn teammate in that exchange. Bothered Moriah enough to make her miss, then came down on the fast break and and-1.

Reaction Score
Nurse leading her team to a 36-36 tie with 17 points at the half. The US coaches need to fit Stewart with pads for the second half since the refs are calling the defense on her like a hockey game. LOL

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Sad to say -- However the UCONN team would have won this. Beating up Stewart has become EVERYONE'S plan ! Refs allow it SO why not ! Nurse shared some UCONN tactics to a DEEPER Canadian team. An injured quality player or USA was a BIG loss

HGN

Reaction Score
I basically thought the Refs allowed Canada to manhandle Stewie in the paint....Many times the defender wrapped her arm around Stewie's waist and just held her down low. Much of what was allowed in the game would have been called in WCBB. In addition , the USA Team was playing against many OLDER and pro players. Some Canadians were as old as 29 according to game announcers.

Thus , I give our guys much credit for playing as well as they did when you consider the OLDER and pro opposition.

I also give Kia Nurse credit. She played a great game.....In the end it took a Husky to defeat a Husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom