Uconn vs bc-2k | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn vs bc-2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Your stance on Warde Manual is beyond strange and ridiculous. You went from a good poster to a psychopath HFD, wtf????

warde has drove me crazy. jh was bad but we were still in a good conf situation. now that the big east blew up i expected our ad whether it was jh or warde to do something to elevate us on the field, marketing, show everything basically. hes not elevating our product. sitting still make u a loser not a winner.

i used to root for my states football, basketball and baseball teams. now i'm rooting for some school that sounds like a community college name wise that plays a bunch of teams i have no interest in.

people here may not like the above line i just wrote and thats fine. but all of u are diehards and alums. i represent to a certain degree the main % population wise in this state who has lost a serious amount of interest between conference realignment, not fixing football, rebranding/logo and the lack of marketing.

i want to root for connecticut football....our current product is far from it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Seriously if you don't like UConn because of the name UConn you should go cheer for Michigan or Texas and be done with it. Jesus duck*ing christ. We've been UConn since at least the 1930's. Grow a duck*ing sack and deal with it like the rest of us UConn fans. And --- that includes both alums like me and casual fans who know the name UConn because that's where Tate George and Ray Allen and Jen Rizzotti went. UConn. And yes I've been drinking Old Fashioned while watching last night's Mad Men episode so now I'm on your level punk.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dan I know a lot of people who attend games but are casual fans who I worry about losing. One sent me an email about an AAC press release the other day saying he didn't realize how bad it was until he saw the schools in order in writing.

Every single one of those people will be pretty excited to beat on BC at MSG and I'll have no problem getting them to make that trip.

For all your bitching the school has made one major mistake. They have retained Pasqualoni. They should called it a sunk cost and moved on and it's going to hurt for a while.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Seriously if you don't like UConn because of the name UConn you should go cheer for Michigan or Texas and be done with it. Jesus christ. We've been UConn since at least the 1930's. Grow a sack and deal with it like the rest of us UConn fans. And --- that includes both alums like me and casual fans who know the name UConn because that's where Tate George and Ray Allen and Jen Rizzotti went. UConn. And yes I've been drinking Old Fashioned while watching last night's Mad Men episode so now I'm on your level punk.

you could never achieve my level

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan I know a lot of people who attend games but are casual fans who I worry about losing. One sent me an email about an AAC press release the other day saying he didn't realize how bad it was until he saw the schools in order in writing.

Every single one of those people will be pretty excited to beat on BC at MSG and I'll have no problem getting them to make that trip.

For all your bitching the school has made one major mistake. They have retained Pasqualoni. They should called it a sunk cost and moved on and it's going to hurt for a while.

i feel like im talking to a wall here at times because most here are uconn diehards and more likely alums also. so u have a emotional attachment to the school.

my attachment is to JC and the state. JC is gone and KO is great. but with the name change and the current issues all at the same time, its to much. whether ppl here like it or not most want to hear there state name and see it in writing or the outline. its no accident that indiana and unc use them even tho they have very impressive fan bases.

i love all the smart asses who shoot back, well go root for psu and texas and bama and so on. no, you don't get it. i was born in ct or live in ct or grew up in ct. its about CONNECTICUT. thats the state pride factor. thats the casual interest seeker becoming interested.

if we were 10-2 in football and in a better conference then this is minor stuff and the winning and teams we play will draw fans alone. but guess what? were not. so in order to build brand power and the fanbase in tuff times you have to do big boy things. were not doing those things....hell, buffalo is and were not.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i feel like im talking to a wall here at times because most here are uconn diehards and more likely alums also. so u have a emotional attachment to the school.

my attachment is to JC and the state. JC is gone and KO is great. but with the name change and the current issues all at the same time, its to much. whether ppl here like it or not most want to hear there state name and see it in writing or the outline. its no accident that indiana and unc use them even tho they have very impressive fan bases.

i love all the smart asses who shoot back, well go root for psu and texas and bama and so on. no, you don't get it. i was born in ct or live in ct or grew up in ct. its about CONNECTICUT. thats the state pride factor. thats the casual interest seeker becoming interested.

if we were 10-2 in football and in a better conference then this is minor stuff and the winning and teams we play will draw fans alone. but guess what? were not. so in order to build brand power and the fanbase in tuff times you have to do big boy things. were not doing those things....hell, buffalo is and were not.

I'm telling you about non diehards that I drag to games.

Nobody gives a damn about UConn versus Connecticut.

People don't like the logo but these are adults so it doesn't make a difference in the end.

People will go to the Garden on spec. Give them a school they have heard of and don't like... best case. Boston College might be the perfect opponent: A live dog that UConn won't lose to.

C

Chief00

Warde has his faults but he is not the problem. We get beat up on items that get decided at the Prez level. The AD level stuff overall has been adequate.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I've never heard anyone from CT refer to the school as anything but UConn.

Some casual fan sitting in the Berlin turnpike Hooters isn't saying, hey let's watch the Connecticut game. We're UConn.

I don't mind the new logo, but I agree the casual fan and even alot of die hard fans hate it.

Ultimately though, those don't matter. As whaler said, until we get rid of P the excitement won't be back in the program.

UConn, the husky, blue, red, white, dog pound dj, etc won't effect the long term prospects of the the program.

P and the conference will. However, if we get a new coach and start reeling off 9 wins a season, the casual fan i think will still come to the rent.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Guess what Dan someday we will be 10-2 in football. Someday, we will get the out of the AAC. The first one may take I don't know... 2-3 years, or a few more. The second one could be a couple years if the CR gears start moving, or it could be a couple decades. Either way, we're not going to drop "UConn". News flash. WE. ARE. UCONN. We won motherf***ing championships as UConn. Get with the duck*ing program or stop calling yourself a fan.

images

0410_large.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If UConn plays two good OOC games a year - one at home and one on the road. If they can finish 9-3(6-2) most years attendance will be acceptable. 7-5(4-4) will be painful. 5-7(2-6) and they will move people to one side of the stadium like a Tuesday MAC game.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Heh... chuckling at the fact we're polluting the MBB board with football... it happens.

Reaction Score
Guess what Dan someday we will be 10-2 in football. Someday, we will get the out of the AAC. The first one may take I don't know... 2-3 years, or a few more. The second one could be a couple years if the CR gears start moving, or it could be a couple decades. Either way, we're not going to drop "UConn". News flash. WE. ARE. UCONN. We won mother championships as UConn. Get with the program or stop calling yourself a fan.

images

Sorry Sue, but you can't have more than 2 images.
PHP4D202E890155A.jpg

Reaction Score
These four still play in NYC regardless of what happens in their "region". I think it's to avoid a situation like what happened a few years ago when Kentucky lost to a mid-major, and that team ended up playing in the Garden.

Ah...weird.

Reaction Score
but with the name change and the current issues all at the same time, its to much. whether ppl here like it or not most want to hear there state name and see it in writing or the outline. its no accident that indiana and unc use them even tho they have very impressive fan bases.

I have to say, your continued harping on relatively unimportant things as if they're the key to the survival of the athletic program is bizarre. Then, when you double down on your idiocy as if you're the only one who sees the big picture or knows how the world works, when in reality you're probably 16 and have never held a job or existed among adults, it's hilarious.

You remind me of the solo practitioners i run up against sometimes who have been practicing law in their own bubble for 20 years. They've never had anyone tell them their ideas are insane so they become obvious to them, so they run around acting like a lunatic, confused as to why no one else is with them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think you took my charity comments the wrong way. The 2k is a fine event and I do support our troops and wwp. Don't make me out for some villan.

What I was saying was that bc gets a lot of brand exposure off playing us in that game. We don't get the same benefit playing bc. I feel that bc doesn't deserve our bump when we are getting nothing back in return from them. It's a personal uconn vs bc issue. Not the 2k. That's all.

No matter who we play I'm going to be made we couldn't go away vs MSG. But the bc aspect of it makes it intolerable to me. Tell me were playing LSU and then the winner of Indy uw and I would say wish we went away somewhere. Lazy easy game to get when your uconn and th 2k is what it is. But it tolerable. Bc is not unless we're also getting some type of benefit. I feel that we're just giving away our life's to a bc charity basically.

What's best for uconn may not be best for others. 2k is a nice thing. Letting bc profit or power because of uconn for charity is not good for uconn in any way.

Couldn't agree more. UCONN owes BC nothing and BC is not deserving of the exposure this match-up will give them. Manuel has every right to nix the match-up and should have. The committee would have complied. Instead he kisses ass in order to prove he's a "good guy". This guy is way over his head. Buffalo to UCONN - enough to make anyone shake their head.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. UCONN owes BC nothing and BC is not deserving of the exposure this match-up will give them. Manuel has every right to nix the match-up and should have. The committee would have complied. Instead he kisses ass in order to prove he's a "good guy". This guy is way over his head. Buffalo to UCONN - enough to make anyone shake their head.

What's wrong with Manuel! Signing up for a game against a rival that will draw fan interest and potentially help to begin to mend a relationship that could be helpful down the road. An outright disgrace. This could even lead to a football series with BC, you say? Well I say, I want more UConn Buffalo games.

On top of that, he agreed to play the game in New York City...at Madison Square Garden nonetheless. Clueless! We should be decreasing our presence in the largest media market in America. It's Hartford or bust!

I'm sorry, but if this comes at the expense of Southwestern Alabama State at an XL Center crowd of 2,938 people, I will not be happy with it!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What's wrong with Manuel! Signing up for a game against a rival that will draw fan interest and potentially help to begin to mend a relationship that could be helpful down the road. An outright disgrace. This could even lead to a football series with BC, you say? Well I say, I want more UConn Buffalo games.

On top of that, he agreed to play the game in New York City...at Madison Square Garden nonetheless. Clueless! We should be decreasing our presence in the largest media market in America. It's Hartford or bust!

I'm sorry, but if this comes at the expense of Southwestern Alabama State at an XL Center crowd of 2,938 people, I will not be happy with it!

Somehow a few lunatics have come to the conclusion that getting beat by UConn raises their program. Boston College gets beat by all kinds of big schools and no one cares.

Reaction Score
BC doesn't need the exposure of our basketball program, at all. If they wanted to, they could walk into a recruits living room tomorrow and show them a schedule featuring Louisville, Notre Dame, UNC, Duke, Syracuse, Pitt, NC State, and Florida State among others. Acting like an isolated event with UConn is going to elevate their program is ridiculous. If anything, UConn can benefit from playing them - Joe Smith from Brockton, MA could see BC as a viable option now that they're the only program in New England in a major five conference, but if UConn lays the smackdown on BC in MSG on national television they may have second thoughts. We're in a *y spot, we have nothing to lose by scheduling people.

Reaction Score
These four still play in NYC regardless of what happens in their "region". I think it's to avoid a situation like what happened a few years ago when Kentucky lost to a mid-major, and that team ended up playing in the Garden.
Yup. That was in 2007 and I bought tickets to the semi finals thinking we would play UK but Gardner Webb upset them the week before. It was strange how that worked out because we had G Webb on the schedule in December so we ended up playing them 2X within about two weeks. Its funny because that maybe the same story this time around in the 2K Sports Classic with playing Washington twice.

Reaction Score
warde has drove me crazy. jh was bad but we were still in a good conf situation. now that the big east blew up i expected our ad whether it was jh or warde to do something to elevate us on the field, marketing, show everything basically. hes not elevating our product. sitting still make u a loser not a winner.

i used to root for my states football, basketball and baseball teams. now i'm rooting for some school that sounds like a community college name wise that plays a bunch of teams i have no interest in.

people here may not like the above line i just wrote and thats fine. but all of u are diehards and alums. i represent to a certain degree the main % population wise in this state who has lost a serious amount of interest between conference realignment, not fixing football, rebranding/logo and the lack of marketing.

i want to root for connecticut football....our current product is far from it.

Football is where it is because of the hiring by Jeff Hathaway.........a losing season but a few good recruits somehow gave PP an extra year but if you want "over his head" just look at the HCPP and no further........they lost their momentum when they made that hiring and the only thing I see Warde did wrong was to keep him!!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Somehow a few lunatics have come to the conclusion that getting beat by UConn raises their program. Boston College gets beat by all kinds of big schools and no one cares.

Just like our cracking them 27 straight times helped their profile. As you point out, the idea that our beating them is going to somehow help their program when they already lose annually to a slew of big programs is rank idiocy.

Reaction Score
I like playing any ACC team. We will beat them like baby seals and it will bring back memories of me not liking anything about them whatsoever. In 2-3 years Pitt (scum) will be the new BC of the ACC and we can play them for the pure joy of spanking a team we used to care about that has worked their way into obscurity.

Reaction Score
Booked my flights back for this. I looked forward to facing a real program in the finals.

Reaction Score
Pre season tneys are for fans to travel with teams to places. It's a hardcore fanbase thing. The top schools have 5 year rotations because Maui puts them on lock down once every 5 years. We are one of those schools. The other 4 years we should be doing Atlantis, Disney and then pick a few more. MSG I'd down the road from us. It's not a trip for the fans. We can call Sju up and play them occ if you really need a MSG game. He'll were playing md at Barclays which is another story. This was a lazy attempt tney wise. There are much better ones to go to. Indiana? For that fan base its a tip to the city for a couple days. Not for us. Warde saw a easy opening and grabbed it. Lazy. Vs finding a trip to be made. The 2k is trying to sell tickets and get good tv matchups. Uconn fits that both because a local team will sell tix and that were a power program eye ball wise. We're a good get for 2k. That doesn't mean we need to do that for them. This ain't a charity. We need to look out for uconn because right now no one else is and we're left out.

What is so much better about a destination tournament than playing this at MSG?

Are you upset that the fans who would have gone to Florida or something are deprived of the vacation opportunity?

Many more fans are going to to NYC, than would go to Florida or Hawaii, so in my mind this is better for the fans.

I understand what your saying about choosing tournaments carefully regarding which teams we will play, but don't understand your preference for the travel tourney vs. MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom