Uconn vs bc-2k | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn vs bc-2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Read somewhere that either UConn or BCU could have passed on match up, but neither chose to. I think it was the right decision by UConn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Read somewhere that either UConn or BCU could have passed on match up, but neither chose to. I think it was the right decision by UConn.

exactly, we could have said no. warde wants to be friends with a school currently costing us 10's of millions. unreal

imagine i come to your house and burn it down. then u build a new one in one week like those fake tv shows and i keep doing this(burning your house down) until you are about 20mil + in the hole each year. then you turn around and offer to help me fix my old deck thats falling apart by going to home depot with me to get the wood then spending all afternoon with a hammer.

are you that nice of a guy?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault:

The Huskies and Eagles have not played since the latter departed for the ACC, but the animosity between the two schools appears to have lessened with new athletic directors in charge at both places. Indications are that UConn and BC are likely to resume their rivalry in basketball and football on a more regular basis, though a source said it may be more difficult to resume things quickly in football because of the long-range nature of football scheduling.

So to re-state the blindingly obvious - we're playing them in a tourney as a first step to thaw relations. Football deal to be worked out but needs time. I hope any futher bball games would be contingent on having a football deal. Wonder if it'll be home and home or if there will be a foxboro deal... Oh and does BC count as scheduling a BCS opponent?

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault:

Does BC count as scheduling a BCS opponent?
The Huskies and Eagles have not played since the latter departed for the ACC, but the animosity between the two schools appears to have lessened with new athletic directors in charge at both places. Indications are that UConn and BC are likely to resume their rivalry in basketball and football on a more regular basis, though a source said it may be more difficult to resume things quickly in football because of the long-range nature of football scheduling. - See more at: http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2013/06/11/sports/uconn/730220.txt#sthash.21VIm9hk.dpuf

I'm not buying this idea that the two new ADs have changed the schools' outlook.

The BC AD for instance lobbied against UConn to the ACC because he said BC wants to establish itself as the preeminent BCS school in New England.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This game is very risky for my ego's well-being. I will go into the game thinking/hoping that UConn crushes BCU by over 50 points. A close game or, God forbid, an upset loss might force me into cutting off my own nootz and joining a monastery located somewhere far, far away.

Reaction Score
This game is very risky for my ego's well-being. I will go into the game thinking/hoping that UConn crushes BCU by over 50 points. A close game or, God forbid, an upset loss might force me into cutting off my own nootz and joining a monastery located somewhere far, far away.
Same with me. I live near Boston and have many friends who went to BC and work with some also and they all know I'm a huge UConn fan. A loss would be very bad for me. Shabazz is from Boston and he won't let that happen.

Reaction Score
UConn/BC is in everybody's best interest. Rivalries define sports. Having a rival you hate makes it worth more. The Red Sox/Yankees rivalry not only elevated both teams, but the sport itself. The fact that we despise BC so much that we'd consider never playing them again is kind of impressive. And a marketable quality.

I would gladly pay twice my ticket price to boo Boston College every time they stepped into Rentschler Field and I doubt I'm the only one.

Reaction Score
I'm not buying this idea that the two new ADs have changed the schools' outlook.

The BC AD for instance lobbied against UConn to the ACC because he said BC wants to establish itself as the preeminent BCS school in New England.

Which makes the decision to play them even more despicable.

Reaction Score
UConn/BC is in everybody's best interest. Rivalries define sports. Having a rival you hate makes it worth more. The Red Sox/Yankees rivalry not only elevated both teams, but the sport itself. The fact that we despise BC so much that we'd consider never playing them again is kind of impressive. And a marketable quality.

I would gladly pay twice my ticket price to boo Boston College every time they stepped into Rentschler Field and I doubt I'm the only one.

Yankees and Red Sox elevated the sport of baseball? That's what their fans love to think. How? Half the teams in that sport are irrelevant. Teams with winning records play in front of half empty stadiums (IE. Tampa). The Yankees had how many guys injured this year and they are still right in the mix of best record in baseball? That's because more than half the teams in the sport are useless. If they went away tomorrow barely anyone would notice or care.. Baseball has not been elevated in any way by that rivalry and remains a distant third to the NFL/NBA.

Due to a huge part by Boston College, UConn sports will now likely never be elevated again. So wonderful of us to reward them for that. Maybe we can get them a sellout at Conte they wouldn't have gotten before. We will never be in the ACC or Big Ten regardless if we play them. But UConn has shown a tremendous ability to take it in the butt during this whole ordeal so I am not surprised one bit.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Due to a huge part by Boston College, UConn sports will now likely never be elevated again. So wonderful of us to reward them for that. Maybe we can get them a sellout at Conte they wouldn't have gotten before. We will never be in the ACC or Big Ten regardless if we play them. But UConn has shown a tremendous ability to take it in the butt during this whole ordeal so I am not surprised one bit.
Even if thats true what do we gain by ignoring them? We desperately need a regional rival and BC is the obvious and only choice.

Reaction Score
Even if thats true what do we gain by ignoring them? We desperately need a regional rival and BC is the obvious and only choice.

Did we try to keep the Rutgers series going? Last I checked that was a regional rivalry with a school that isn't out to ruin us. I would much prefer that than being BC's lap dog. I highly doubt any series with BC would be long term anyways.

Reaction Score
BC doesn't need the exposure of our basketball program, at all. If they wanted to, they could walk into a recruits living room tomorrow and show them a schedule featuring Louisville, Notre Dame, UNC, Duke, Syracuse, Pitt, NC State, and Florida State among others. Acting like an isolated event with UConn is going to elevate their program is ridiculous. If anything, UConn can benefit from playing them - Joe Smith from Brockton, MA could see BC as a viable option now that they're the only program in New England in a major five conference, but if UConn lays the smackdown on BC in MSG on national television they may have second thoughts. We're in a *y spot, we have nothing to lose by scheduling people.

You obviously haven't been to Conte Forum in a while. I was a BC season ticket holder for years with friends. We dropped them after the first year in the ACC.

In the ACC, only UNC and Duke drew fans. NC St, VT, Miami, FSU, Clemson, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Virginia, not so much. Syracuse and ND will help, but Pitt will not as they didn't attract fans when BC was in the BE. Louisville, as long as Pitino is there, should be a decent draw. The key to BC basketball attendance is the ability of the opponent to draw fans. My almost 20 year experience has shown that Syracuse, UConn, Duke, and UNC have been the only big draws.

Reaction Score
This will be BeeCee's national championship game this year!

Reaction Score

Easy, man, you're gonna throw your back out quitting so hard on this program.

Have you ever played sports? Do you understand the concept of continuing to try in spite of nearly impossible odds? I'm glad people like Kemba Walker and Jordan Todman never shared your attitude.

Rivalries improve sports, period. You can keep blaming BC for all your problems or you can look forward and try to figure out the best way to help this program, and part of that means finding a way to put 40,000 butts in the seats, and one good way is to bring in teams that people love to hate. Your pettiness and whining aren't helping the program.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We desperately need a regional rival and BC is the obvious and only choice.

Rutgers. BCU and RU basketball are the same: awful and of no help to UConn's prestige. But where the two have very significant differences is that RU is in the B1G and has a much more respectable football program of late. I would MUCH rather see Warde foster a continued relationship with RU. We need to show that a RU/UConn combo deal carries interest in the northeast and can be valuable to B1G expansion. That said, I'd play RU basketball 10 times if it meant playing them in football (either home and home or at MetLife/Gillette). RU is our more realistic chance at a better conference. BCU has done nothing but stomp on our heads as we've been stuck in the CR mud. Can we really trust them that they'll pull an about-face and lift their ACC block in the next wave of CR? I sure as hell don't. I especially don't even more now that they seem to have lured a strong ally (FSU) into their block campaign. Play RU. F BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom