Men - UConn v. Villanova Wildcats @ Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 4/26/24 @6:05p, Sat. 4/27/24 @2:05 & Sun. 4/28/24 @1:05) All Games streamed on FloSports. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Men UConn v. Villanova Wildcats @ Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 4/26/24 @6:05p, Sat. 4/27/24 @2:05 & Sun. 4/28/24 @1:05) All Games streamed on FloSports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yee Haw Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

Reaction Score
Nice win. Let’s not get too high with this sweep. It was Villanova. NCAA’s! Not the BE!! They have to do what they’ve been doing first, and their having success doing that. Two years removed from much higher aspirations. Let’s not settle for battling against less talented teams. This team needs confidence and I think their building it. Winning the conference is an accomplishment but let’s make sure a Super Regional is where they wanna be celebrating again. CWS!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Fun game to watch. A couple of observations:
1) Cooke had good control, although his velocity tapered down a little after 2 innings.
2) The at bats were generally good. Different hero every game.
3) up 8-1, I thought it was over. We had beaten Villanova handily for 2 days straight and with 3 innings to go, thought they would mail it in. Kudos to their team for fighting back.
4) I felt part of Sullivan, Quinn and initially Afthim's problem was we pitched tentatively. Villanova was sitting on breaking stuff and we were feeding them breaking balls. They sat on them and had a great approach. They aren't a good tram, but they surely aren't terrible either.
5) as a good team does, UConn fought back in the bottom of the 9th. I though Luke had gone yard, but Korey's bomb was crushed.
6) good to go 5-0 against rpi killing teams. Time to ramp up for the rest of the regular season!

Reaction Score
They would have recovered:

Recover if they don’t lose a series the rest of the way and they take at least 1 non conference game before tournament play, sure. I still don’t think that’ll guarantee them an at-large.

Reaction Score
Going to UConn baseball games is certainly fun, but I have to admit that when I go to games at UConn, I definitely miss listening to Chris Jones doing the game broadcast. To me CJ is a big reason why I ended up closely following the team over the years.

Reaction Score
Broadhurst leads off the 9th w/ a double off the RF wall.

Morton w/ a two run bomb to walk it off. 10-8 UConn sweep!

Doing it the hard way but a win is a win. Sometimes it's difficult to take back the momentum after you just had a meltdown. I think being at home helps with the mojo.

Reaction Score
Going to UConn baseball games is certainly fun, but I have to admit that when I go to games at UConn, I definitely miss listening to Chris Jones doing the game broadcast. To me CJ is a big reason why I ended up closely following the team over the

Recover if they don’t lose a series the rest of the way and they take at least 1 non conference game before tournament play, sure. I still don’t think that’ll guarantee them an at-large.
Will be tough. Northeast team won’t get a break from the Committee.

Having said that. The way that we started it has been a great job by the coaches to get the ship going in the right direction.

Hopefully we peak at tourney time.

Reaction Score
UConn weekend starting pitching appears to be really putting things together now after a slow start early in the season.
That was one good weekend. One series against a poor team doesn't put anything to bed. I don't need all three of them to be that sharp every weekend, but let's see at least a string of average starts before we conclude anything is better,

Reaction Score
That was one good weekend. One series against a poor team doesn't put anything to bed. I don't need all three of them to be that sharp every weekend, but let's see at least a string of average starts before we conclude anything is better,

It isn't just this past weekend. Cooke, Coe, and S. Quigley have been all been generally doing better of late with their pitching, which is one of the reasons UConn has been winning a lot more games of late. They do mix in a poor game, but it has pretty much a reverse of what was happening earlier in the season. UConn's win loss record is now over .500, while earlier in the season they had a record that was consistently under .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom