UConn v Louisville Game Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UConn v Louisville Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It was ugly. The refs should be ashamed of themselves for not getting this under control early.

When Dolson and the other post player tangled there should have been a stoppage of play right there and maybe double technicals. Both players were guilty of a little extra activity. That play set the tone for the rest of the game.

Griner would never have survived that type of assault.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is becoming the book on playing Uconn. Beat the sh## out of them and dare the refs to control the game.
Amen. It is exactly what ND has done the last 6-8 times we have played them and it is the same with Rutgers most years.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
This is becoming the book on playing Uconn. Beat the sh## out of them and dare the refs to control the game.
Yup...unless it's ND. Then it's just beat the sh## out of them and know you won't get called.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Like I said, that was the way Griner was played her entire freshman year, but it was just considered "getting physical" with her. This type of play cannot be tolerated. This is a dirty gameplan and no way to play the game.

I have always respected Geno for teaching his players to play the game. I have NEVER seen him instruct his team to go out and push and shove the opponent to see how much they can get away with. That is what it seems that Walz had told his team tonight. I have to say I lost a little respect for him. This is EXACTLY what Curry instructed her team to do the night of "the punch." I lost respect for her as well after that game.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Geno has got to blow a head gasket in one of these games to send the refs a strong message. He used to get T'd up all of the time and now he never does.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno has got to blow a head gasket in one of these games to send the refs a strong message. He used to get T'd up all of the time and now he never does.
He noted the other night on the Geno Show that it has been a long time since he got a T or really went off on the officials.

25 pages, this is one long thread.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
The entire Lville teamed fouled out in the 1st half....including Walz

Interesting the way Louisville barely got called for their foul behavior, and UConn got called in the second half for almost every play.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Mulkey would have died on the sidelines in a histrionic fit.
Yeah, but sometimes that's what's needed. Some of these refs are hopeless.

Reaction Score
Good Point. He should do it before the post season!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yeah, but sometimes that's what's needed. Some of these refs are hopeless.
This "crew" is repeatedly bad under Dee's lack of or misguided direction.

Reaction Score
Tough and gutty win under very difficult conditions. The gals showed some true grit tonight. Got a real bad taste in my mouth for this L'Ville team and Walz. They're now officially in my former Rutgers/Cuse thouse!
I have classified He and 'cuse in the same boat for several years.

Reaction Score

I agree. He needs to show the officials and his players that he is sticking up for his team and that the mauling they received is not accepted

Reaction Score
Like I said, that was the way Griner was played her entire freshman year, but it was just considered "getting physical" with her. This type of play cannot be tolerated. This is a dirty gameplan and no way to play the game.

I have always respected Geno for teaching his players to play the game. I have NEVER seen him instruct his team to go out and push and shove the opponent to see how much they can get away with. That is what it seems that Walz had told his team tonight. I have to say I lost a little respect for him. This is EXACTLY what Curry instructed her team to do the night of "the punch." I lost respect for her as well after that game.
Walz has done this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89