UConn v. Holy Cross | The Boneyard

UConn v. Holy Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very good pitching today for UConn from a couple of players who have not seen a lot of mound action. Max Slade started and pitched four uneventful innings, followed by Catalina.

Reaction Score
Awesome job by Slade and Catalina. Penders brings in Butler for the 8th with an 8-0 lead. Why not in this situation give another young guy like Radue, Healey or even Nastasi some valuable experience. Why not save Butler since I'm sure you'll need him this weekend.

Reaction Score
Awesome job by Slade and Catalina. Penders brings in Butler for the 8th with an 8-0 lead. Why not in this situation give another young guy like Radue, Healey or even Nastasi some valuable experience. Why not save Butler since I'm sure you'll need him this weekend.

Because if he did that and they blew the lead you'd be chasing Penders all over campus w/ a Louisville Slugger!! :D

Reaction Score
Because if he did that and they blew the lead you'd be chasing Penders all over campus w/ a Louisville Slugger!! :D
No I wouldn't. Not at this stage of the season where the only way your going to the tourney is winning the Big East Championship. These mid-week games mean nothing now, chance to see what the young guys can do. Earlier in the year when the mid-week games still meant something is when he put a Nastasi out there and it cost us a game we should have won and I questioned why not pitch Butler back then during mid week games. Now when he should be pitching the young guys he's not.

Reaction Score
No I wouldn't. Not at this stage of the season where the only way your going to the tourney is winning the Big East Championship. These mid-week games mean nothing now, chance to see what the young guys can do. Earlier in the year when the mid-week games still meant something is when he put a Nastasi out there and it cost us a game we should have won and I questioned why not pitch Butler back then during mid week games. Now when he should be pitching the young guys he's not.

Lighten up Francis - it was a joke (poor attempt I guess).

Reaction Score

Well, I thought it was funny, but that's just me.

Anyway, I would have liked to have seen one of the freshmen pitch in the 9th, as I always like to see one of these guys get a chance when the game is no longer in question. However, given the problems this team has had, and that includes eroding confidence, I can definitely understand Penders wanting to get this game over as quickly and quietly as possible.

Reaction Score
Game Notes:- UConn is 9-3 against New England opponents this season.
- The Huskies are 42-19-2 against Holy Cross all-time and 20-0-2 since 1984.
- Billy Ferriter posted a career-high four RBI.
- Ferriter and LJ Mazzilli remain tied for second all-time with 270 career hits.
- Max Slade made his first career start and his battery mate was his high school teammate Connor David.
- Holy Cross starter Mike Ahmed is the brother of former UConn shortstop Nick Ahmed (2009-11).
- The win was the fourth shutout of the season for the Huskies.
- Ryan Moore entered as a defensive substitution in the seventh inning and made his first trip to the plate since May 26, 2012 at the BIG EAST Championship.

Reaction Score
Yes Sir Sargeant Mertaugh or atleast I think that is what his name was. I wasn't aggrevated by what you said I am just passionate about Penders decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom