UConn v. #4 Boston College (Fri. 11/17/23 @7p @Conte Forum & Sat. 11/18/23 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum) Both games on ESPN+. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #4 Boston College (Fri. 11/17/23 @7p @Conte Forum & Sat. 11/18/23 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum) Both games on ESPN+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone who misses whaler bruins just saw a reminder. Whalers hang in there at the old garden and then some weird shzt happens like the last second PP off the defender and then the dumbest pass in UConn hockey history when we are about to escape with a tie.

Or at least a chance for two points in hockey east via shootout. I hope this makes the Huskies hungrier at home tomorrow. Redemption is always sweet when it works out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Practically all the goals went into one net. The one BCU gets to shoot at twice. I think that rink is tilted and they use it to their advantage.

Reaction Score
Practically all the goals went into one net. The one BCU gets to shoot at twice. I think that rink is tilted and they use it to their advantage.

True, but if I recall correctly, it's odd that the Student Section is behind their home goalie twice at Conte Forum.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on who plays in net this evening? I still like Haider but could see why Cal may mix it up. Maybe Sergeev needs new pads that don't boom out rebounds right to the opponent. I'll bet they're a super light material that enhances his quickness, but man are they bouncy!

Solar UCONN has proven they can play with any HE team so far, The league is stacked and it's probably going to be the little things (like the error on the OT goal) that make all the difference.

BC can fly and at times they pass like the Red Army Team from the USSR. They are really impressive and legit, but overall they are beatable with some grit and hustle - all of which the Huskies need to bring full on tonight.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on who plays in net this evening? I still like Haider but could see why Cal may mix it up. Maybe Sergeev needs new pads that don't boom out rebounds right to the opponent. I'll bet they're a super light material that enhances his quickness, but man are they bouncy!

Solar UCONN has proven they can play with any HE team so far, The league is stacked and it's probably going to be the little things (like the error on the OT goal) that make all the difference.

BC can fly and at times they pass like the Red Army Team from the USSR. They are really impressive and legit, but overall they are beatable with some grit and hustle - all of which the Huskies need to bring full on tonight.
I'll be curious to see tonight's (in person) attendance, as the students have gone home for Thanksgiving break. I was at last night's women's victory over Holy Cross. Official attendance - 551, but I doubt there were 200 there. Deadly quiet.

Reaction Score

UConn needs to start winning games. They have played over a 1/3 of their schedule and are 2 games under .500.

Haider gives them the best chance.

Sergeev is still the same goaltender as last season. Shaky catching pucks, big rebounds, and horrendous positioning. I honestly do not care if he plays again or transfers.

Sergeev reminds me of a super talented player that cannot put things together. People are holding out hope to see if it comes together but it never does.

Reaction Score

Barring injury, it’s gotta be Haider…that’d be my guess.

Reaction Score
Any win tonight is big win but a 3 point regulation win after the stretches of dominant hockey we saw last night from the boys- that would be a hell of a statement win and weekend.

Reaction Score
It’s pretty awful that people buy season tickets and don’t use them considering the building is too small to offer tickets to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom