UConn @ UMass Minutemen (Saturday 11/25/23 @Noon @McGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst MA) Game on ESPN+ | The Boneyard

UConn @ UMass Minutemen (Saturday 11/25/23 @Noon @McGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst MA) Game on ESPN+

Reaction Score
UConn Depth Chart for UMass
UConn Game Notes for UMass

UMass Games Notes for UConn (2-Deep on pg.7)

Vegas’s Insider Matchup Lines/Trends

Media Coverage:

Television: ESPN+ - Jay Burnham (PxP), Andy Gresh (Analyst) & Matt Goldstein (Sideline)
Radio: UConn Sports Network from Learfield, ESPN 97.9
Online: The Varsity Network App – Mike Crispino, Wayne Norman, Adam Giardino

Reaction Score
Anyone have insights on getting a parking pass for the game? UMass website only lets you buy parking after you buy a game ticket, but I bought my tix thru UConn.

Reaction Score
This game needs a name if it is to become a yearly event again. How about "The Yankee Doodle Dandy," or the "Civil Conflict." Suggestions? Maybe a trophy too, recent experience with trophies notwithstanding.

DrG

Reaction Score
Anyone have insights on getting a parking pass for the game? UMass website only lets you buy parking after you buy a game ticket, but I bought my tix thru UConn.
Cash-only day-of-game parking is available for $20 in Lots 22 and 33. I assume you need to show a game ticket.

Reaction Score
It’s THE U GAME!

We should play them in hockey Friday night and basketball on Sunday afternoon, make it a real rivalry weekend to look forward to. Eventually, move the game annually to Gillette and the hockey & hoop games to the Garden.

Reaction Score
It’s THE U GAME!

We should play them in hockey Friday night and basketball on Sunday afternoon, make it a real rivalry weekend to look forward to. Eventually, move the game annually to Gillette and the hockey & hoop games to the Garden.
I like the idea of a rivalry weekend but "The U Game(s)" is too blah. And I don't hear it used much if at all in reference to the football rivalry. Maybe its more of a basketball thing.

DrG

Reaction Score
The U Game was a basketball thing that never got off the ground, and then the programs went in dramatically different directions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s THE U GAME!

"We"?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Any idea what conference is providing refs for this game? Looked like an ACC crew against Sacred Heart.

Reaction Score
The U Game was a basketball thing that never got off the ground, and then the programs went in dramatically different directions.
Actually even back with JC UMass style of play made things very difficult for us. Not sure I think I remember us losing or having a very tight game. The game was much more to the benefit of UMass vs. UConn. Football I think is different, game makes sense for now and for the next decade.

Reaction Score
Any idea what conference is providing refs for this game? Looked like an ACC crew against Sacred Heart.
Wow, I am surprised. The behind the back block call on Hicks when he never actually touched anyone was awful. That being said, so would much prefer any ACC crew of referees over any crew that we got in our games against the Sunbelt teams.

Reaction Score
This game needs a name if it is to become a yearly event again. How about "The Yankee Doodle Dandy," or the "Civil Conflict." Suggestions? Maybe a trophy too, recent experience with trophies notwithstanding.

CUM Bowl, though someone recently updated the wikipedia image to remove the old Block C logo for UConn and interlocking UM for UMASS.

Reaction Score
It’s THE U GAME!

This is a great idea.

Reaction Score
Beanpot West?

Reaction Score
The difference between winning and losing this game is the difference between going into the offseason knowing we were God awful and going into the off season saying that had we just been able to close out the three home games to mediocre opponents we lost on the last possessions (FIU, Utah State and USF) we could have qualified for another sucky bowl.

Reaction Score
The difference between winning and losing this game is the difference between going into the offseason knowing we were God awful and going into the off season saying that had we just been able to close out the three home games to mediocre opponents we lost on the last possessions (FIU, Utah State and USF) we could have qualified for another sucky bowl.
Completely agree. I also wish we opened vs Sacred Heart, I think having a convincing win under the teams belt would have really help the team.

Reaction Score
2 game win streak to end the season would be a nice small win on an overall bad season
Agreed ... but it isn't called a streak until it gets up to three wins.

Reaction Score
THE Pillowfight!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom