UConn Trivia | The Boneyard

UConn Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was looking through the media guide, and I found what I thought would be an interesting question that I don't think I would have guessed the answer to.

Without looking it up, what are the three programs have the most wins against Geno Auriemma (note, not the program as a whole)?

Reaction Score
I'm gonna guess Notre Dame, Rutgers, and some Big East team that regularly beat them in the late 80's and early 90's.
Very tempting to say Tennessee, but I don't know that they played often enough.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't think its Rutgers. Didn't play "enough" and win "enough" of them, even though we did well for a number of years.

I think Tennessee is a possibility and Notre Dame, and the other an old BE team such as BC? Providence? et al. I didn't follow WBB before '94, so I have no idea who was good in that BE vintage. I do get the distinction, as against the program are probably all old BE teams.

Reaction Score
You guys got em all. Villanova and Notre Dame have both gotten the better of Geno 11 times, and Providence 10.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Good question. I thought about Providence but dismissed it. I knew Providence had UConn number for years; Doris Burke talked about penciling in a win when looking at the schedule, but I thought that was mainly pre-Geno. I had forgotten that it extended into the Geno era.

Reaction Score
On a similar vein...which AAC program will first rise up to challenge UConn? Not including those about to leave (Louisville and Rutgers).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
On a similar vein...which AAC program will first rise up to challenge UConn? Not including those about to leave (Louisville and Rutgers).
I would say USF is the closest at the moment but whether they can take the next step and really challenge ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom