UConn Transfer Portal | The Boneyard

UConn Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

This is a loss for the program. You can never have enough healthy backs on your roster. He few good runs against NCS but appear to lose playing time after he ran into Porter on the shuttle pass play.

Reaction Score
Great, now they don't even wait until the end of the season to announce, don't want to get past the 4th game for eligibility purposes. Carter packed it in early last year but didn't announce until the season was over. Brewton always seemed to produce when called on, plus he has speed, which every team needs.

Reaction Score
Great, now they don't even wait until the end of the season to announce, don't want to get past the 4th game for eligibility purposes. Carter packed it in early last year but didn't announce until the season was over. Brewton always seemed to produce when called on, plus he has speed, which every team needs.
This is happening at every school. We are in the era of the transfer portal and NIL, so get used to it.

Reaction Score
This is happening at every school. We are in the era of the transfer portal and NIL, so get used to it.
I understand the transfer portal implications but players don't even stay committed to their team for a season. Pretty sad in my old guy book where I was taught to keep my word and commitments.

Brewton is from Aquinas as is Zion Turner so perhaps related to the fact that ZT is not playing yet. His speed will be missed. My favorite memory of Brian was the kickoff return against Clemson resulting in the TD

Reaction Score
I’m a fan of Brian so I’m disappointed, but here’s the reality: No Touches = No Loyalty. It’s unfortunate, but understandable. He wants to play.

Reaction Score
From the Mora presser it sounded like he may have been hurt.

Reaction Score
One other point on Brewton. This is his 4th year at UConn (listed as a Junior), but due to the COVID year, he may have 3 years left and he will have at least 2. He should be close to getting his degree.

Reaction Score
I understand the transfer portal implications but players don't even stay committed to their team for a season. Pretty sad in my old guy book where I was taught to keep my word and commitments.

Brewton is from Aquinas as is Zion Turner so perhaps related to the fact that ZT is not playing yet. His speed will be missed. My favorite memory of Brian was the kickoff return against Clemson resulting in the TD
It's a 2 way street, he has as many carries this season as the starting DT on our team. If he felt like there was a path to playing time, he'd stick it out. He doesn't, so there's no use wasting a year of his eligibility

Reaction Score
Obvioulsy, something is going on at RB. Carter left before the season and now two RBs leave during the season. It's likely no coincidence that Houston and Brewton both decided to leave before the four game redshirt cut off.

Losing never helps but this is too too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Reaction Score
Obvioulsy, something is going on at RB. Carter left before the season and now two RBs leave during the season. It's likely no coincidence that Houston and Brewton both decided to leave before the four game redshirt cut off.

I don’t often agree with you but seriously. WTF?

We’ve seen the most transfer activity on the offense from the skilled positions. 3 RBs and 2WRs with starting experience since the end of last year.

Reaction Score

The fire is $$$.

Carter got NIL, Brewton and Houston are in search of it.

They are preserving a season to be more marketable.

Reaction Score

I think Carter planned to leave sometime last season. Brewton left, it appears, due to playing time. Houston was the starter, so that's a head scratcher.

For a run heavy team, we are down to 3 scholarship running backs. Yikes.

Reaction Score
The fire is $$$.

Carter got NIL, Brewton and Houston are in search of it.

They are preserving a season to be more marketable.

Probably.

I think there's something going on in the locker room as well. Carter is a major talent. Houston and Brewton are talented backs, but I don't know about major NIL dollars and NFL careers.

NIL is driving lots of change and, at least for this fan, it's taking away a lot of what is fun about being a college football fan.

Reaction Score
There are the haves and have nots. It’s going to be awhile before we are a have. Kids want it now. Get out of the Dumpster Fire ASAP.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mora has said he's not a fan of the running back as a work horse plan but rather running back by committee. Someone of Houston's size isn't making the NFL. Might as well get what you can while you're in college because once he hangs up his football cleats, he's done monetizing his playing abilities.

More Edwards and Mitchell going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom