UConn to Play with Experimental Rules in Exhibition Game | The Boneyard

UConn to Play with Experimental Rules in Exhibition Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
• The game will be played with a men’s basketball instead of a women’s basketball.

I didn't know there is difference between men and women's basketball until now...LOL
(The size of the ball in women's basketball ranges from 28 1/2 to 29 inches in circumference. The basketball in the men's game is between 29 1/2 and 30 inches.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/122406-difference-between-mens-womens/)

Reaction Score
The most talented teams can cope with these changes such as the widening of the lane, 8 seconds to get the ball across half-court, 24 seconds to shoot to name a few. The average to poorly talented teams will not be able to handle these. Do we really need to win by 60 points per game instead of just 40?
Yes :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The most talented teams can cope with these changes such as the widening of the lane, 8 seconds to get the ball across half-court, 24 seconds to shoot to name a few. The average to poorly talented teams will not be able to handle these. Do we really need to win by 60 points per game instead of just 40?
A lot of people feel the men's ball is actually easy to shoot - less 'bouncy' off the rim/backboard. And the idea is to make for a faster paced game with more offense. A team like Uconn which passes so well often uses more shot clock than teams that jack the first open shot. The wider lane should make for easier movement, and regularizing the rules between US and the rest of the world is not a bad idea.
I think the shot clock and eight second backcourt are the least important changes.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A shorter shot clock will make for more possessions and more hurried ones from teams used to dribbling the varnish off the floor. That is definitely a huge advantage to a team like UConn.

Will the Huskies reach 120 against Vanguard?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
• The game will be played with a men’s basketball instead of a women’s basketball.

I didn't know there is difference between men and women's basketball until now...LOL
(The size of the ball in women's basketball ranges from 28 1/2 to 29 inches in circumference. The basketball in the men's game is between 29 1/2 and 30 inches.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/122406-difference-between-mens-womens/)
another reason why comparing the women vs the men is silly

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I like those rules. Especially the time-out changes.

Reaction Score
This should open things up and move the game along. I've never liked it when a team tries to take the air out of the ball.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This should open things up and move the game along. I've never liked it when a team tries to take the air out of the ball.
Oh come on, are we still talking about the Patriots??? Geez,

Let-it-Go_0.jpg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I basically like the proposed changes. However I do wonder whether playing with a different ball on Sunday Nov. 8 might negatively impact our shooting with the regular ball on the very next game....at preseason top 10 Ohio State on N0v. 16.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I basically like the proposed changes. However I do wonder whether playing with a different ball on Sunday Nov. 8 might negatively impact our shooting with the regular ball on the very next game....at preseason top 10 Ohio State on N0v. 16.
Given the thousands of hours playing with the "regular" ball, and the week of practice in between, we oughta be O-Kay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom