UConn Tied For 5th With the Most NBA Players | The Boneyard

UConn Tied For 5th With the Most NBA Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Considering the level of success Louisville and Michigan State have had under Pitino and Izzo, it's remarkable that they haven't produced more pros. Same is true (to a lesser extent) to Syracuse and Arizona.

It'll be interesting to see what happens for us in the next couple of years. The only surefire NBA players look like DD and Shabazz, and if we're being honest even Shabazz is a little bit questionable. And then of our recruits, we really only have one guy in the 2013 & 14 classes that is thought of as a likely future pro.

Pressure's on Ollie to develop his guys the way JC used to. I'm feeling pretty confident, all things considered.

Reaction Score
Considering the level of success Louisville and Michigan State have had under Pitino and Izzo, it's remarkable that they haven't produced more pros. Same is true (to a lesser extent) to Syracuse and Arizona.

It'll be interesting to see what happens for us in the next couple of years. The only surefire NBA players look like DD and Shabazz, and if we're being honest even Shabazz is a little bit questionable. And then of our recruits, we really only have one guy in the 2013 & 14 classes that is thought of as a likely future pro.

Pressure's on Ollie to develop his guys the way JC used to. I'm feeling pretty confident, all things considered.
Brimah is a future nba player u heard it here first

Reaction Score
I don't think they should put Enes Kanter on there since he never played for Kentucky.

It looks like Calipari recruited 12 of those guys- only 2 of the 12 (Jones and Lamb) weren't one and done.

Arizona is down because they just lost Arenas, Walton, and Bibby, but they had been a really good pipeline for a while.

I agree about MSU and Louisville- both coaches get highly rated guys, but they're never cut out for the NBA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Used to be 1st. But 5th ain't hay. I remember how happy I was when Bruce Kuczenski got a 10-day contract. I think that made it 1 at that point in time.

Reaction Score
It's going to be hard to compete with Kentucky. When the best players go there, and then leave in one year--thereby opening up space for more of the best players--they are going to fill the league. They just keep getting top level talent that would be in the league wherever they went to college, but get credit as if they developed them.

Reaction Score
Also I'm not trying to argue with your Brimah prediction. It's a good one. But as for "surefire" I would say DD and Purvis are the most NBA ready mostly because of their physical attributes and potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom