UConn-Texas Game Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

UConn-Texas Game Thread

Reaction Score
I also wonder when was the last time Geno used a different line up to start the second half like he did tonight when Z started in place of Collier?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Was just listening to post game radio and eye witness report by Debbie (see what I did there) is that Lou's eye is pretty shut.
:(

Reaction Score
Azura has alot of work to do. I didn't like all the drives from the top of the key to the basket, She basically got the one pass and drove to the basket, that's not Uconn bb. We have no continuity on offense because when Azura enters the game our offense becomes different. Your changing peoples roles and against a better team we will difficulties.

Reaction Score
I can't say I understand, but I am enthralled by this creature.

She's the Inner BLUE warrior after just closing down a battle with the some tall orange hawks.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Stevens provides height, but team is lacking physical size where they can bang with the other elite post players. UConn players are easily pushed around and need to rely on quickness to get rebounds.

Stevens doesn’t provide size?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As we saw last week at Louisville good teams get really amped up in front of large raucous crowds and play their best game. UConn got down by 10 early and fought back. UConn got down by 8 in the 2nd half and once again fought back. UConn could have folded like another team did last Thursday night but they didn't. They stayed together and won a tough game against a physical athletic team in a very tough environment. That's good enough for me.
It was a tournament-like game that will pay dividends down the road

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Was just listening to post game radio and eye witness report by Debbie (see what I did there) is that Lou's eye is pretty shut.

Actually, though, ol Biffster guy, I think it is prettier when it is NOT shut. Matter of taste, I guess.

Reaction Score
1-- They could win a title with 6 just as easily could lose with 8.
2-- You could always fear injury but then why bother playing? In addition you might as well fear every game played.
3-- And what you might be able to say 4 years from now "The year your referencing we had 6 caliber all-amercian players on the court. Enough said."

You want to play with no bench your going to burn these girls out.

There will be plenty of crappy conference opponents to accomplish this but yet it's Mid January and Geno officially trusts know player outside our six starters.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Z a sent used to playing man to man. She’s better than she was at the beginning of the season but her defense on MTM is still a work in progress

i-I’m talking about committing to having a strong base on both ends of the floor

ii-getting pushed around or no doesn’t have much to do with what defense you’re in, IMO. Yes it’s easier to block out when you’re in man but other than that, when the ball goes up the same toughness comes into play.

She did have a communication mixup where she and Lou both went to the same player and UT found the post player on an easy pass - but there’s less of that than there was early in the season

I’m not saying she was completely ineffective in the lane, just that if she improved in this one area it would make a huge difference with her entire game.

Reaction Score
Agreed. This year's 6 may be better than last year's 6 (though 2017 Collier and Williams are vastly superior to 2018 Collier and Williams thus far), but it's not going to be enough.

This was an Elite 8-caliber opponent, meaning at least 3 games like this on the way to the title. We're not going to win 3 in a row like this.
Couldn’t disagree more. We can definitely win three in a row like this. And this experience will make it easier to do so.

Reaction Score
This is the UT team I expected all season. If Holmes Can round into form, watch out!

The Baylor vs UT game just became more exciting. Can UT bring this energy against Baylor?

this Texas team lives or dies on their outside shooting at least until Holmes wakes up.............I assume Baylor will pound the ball inside so Holmes better wake up soon or she'll get run over by a 6'7" truck.............if Texas plays anything like tonight it should make for a great game, if not they'll lose by 15+points............

Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn had fewer assists, fewer steals and more turnovers than an opponent?
Good question. Don’t know. But that really shows how tough Texas played. Also makes it all the more remarkable that UConn found a way to win. What-a-game!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yeah. She played on the winning team. But again, as Geno said, she played both ends of the floor really well.
Her three close in baskets helped UCONN tremendously in the second half. Her defense will come but without her 16 points on a night when Collier was struggling, were very crucial.

Reaction Score
Outstanding Women's Game tonight.
It great to see UConn not blow every team away.
I think this type of game, is great for Women's Basketball.
Both Team's fought hard. I think Texas gave UConn some thing's to work on in practice's.
And that's a good thang.....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
On the games that I've watched this year, which has been quite a few. IMO Miss St has been the most consistent team and quite possibly might be the best team. Don't know how team plays against Teaira McCowan, Miss St 6'7" post player who's shooting almost 70% from the field. She's why I think Miss St might be the best team in the country. Miss St hasn't played the schedule that UConn has, but by Tournament time going through the SEC will be a benefit.

However, I'm sure this team wants to get at Miss St again and I expect they'll play better then they did in last years tournament.

Reaction Score
Bit OT but why doesn't ESPN have anything about the game on their main page. They broadcast it on ESPN2, can't they show some love on the main page?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SemogNayr

Top Bottom