uconn talking to ku you for possible game in two years | Page 2 | The Boneyard

uconn talking to ku you for possible game in two years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went to The Phog a few years ago and was thinking how awesome it would be to see some national flag blue out there. We'd be getting robbed if we didn't get to play them there and had to play in KC

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Didn't we play the Pierce Lafrentz Kansas team? Jacque Vaughn too. I was only 5 or 6 at he time but for some reason I remember is playing them. Am I wrong??

Yes. But at Kemper. I was there. No Lafrenz though and Pierce was a freshman I think. We came in at # 2 and lost.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I went to The Phog a few years ago and was thinking how awesome it would be to see some national flag blue out there. We'd be getting robbed if we didn't get to play them there and had to play in KC

Had season tickets for three years at Allen Field house during law school. Best college arena I've been to. I'd fly out for a road game at Allen for sure.

Reaction Score
Didn't we play the Pierce Lafrentz Kansas team? Jacque Vaughn too. I was only 5 or 6 at he time but for some reason I remember is playing them. Am I wrong??
We played them in the HCC. It was the first game after Tim Coles and Ricky Moore were suspended. UConn actually gave them a good game early, but faded late. 73-65 on 1/19/97.

Reaction Score
We played them in the HCC. It was the first game after Tim Coles and Ricky Moore were suspended. UConn actually gave them a good game early, but faded late. 73-65 on 1/19/97.

Kirk King!!!

Reaction Score
Watching the KU game in 1997 was the day I decided I had to go to UConn if I got in. I was waiting for that envelope to come until March but when it did, there was no question after seeing the atmosphere at that game.

(Of course I sold my family on the school of ed, the integrated master's program, etc)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

You can get the sense from the video how loud it was... but it was even louder than that. I was in the student section, I remember early in the first half being ecstatic that we were taking it to the jayhawks but I think by halftime it was more like "I hope it stays close so we can get a shot to win it in the last couple seconds"... If we had a bit more experience that year, we could definitely have knocked them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom