UConn Soccer Getting $8M Gift; Hoop Facility Next In Line | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Soccer Getting $8M Gift; Hoop Facility Next In Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TheTempleNews Oct 14, 8:00pm via TweetDeck
Soccer teams to relocate closer to Main Campus. Post original url/1w5PN5s

Good for Temple. I did not know that Memphis has soccer.

The blurb on E Carolina's soccer stadium (women only) was impressive, "But the facility offers a 1,000-seat grandstand, a press box and has a drainage system that can drain 26 inches of rain per hour." 26 inches of rain an hour? Good to know if NC gets 26" of rain in an hour that the soccer field will be clear, though, everyone else will be setting sail in Noah's Ark.

Reaction Score
Is Soccer a revenue sport for UConn? Louisville's new stadium is a beaut. They must be making money of their games since the place is filled. With interest in the game reaching a critical mass, I wonder if Warde can sell our home games to SNY. With the sport likely moving to Fall/Spring schedule I bet this could be a winner for us. Live sports are the little black dress of programming and there is always a demand.

We need to get more exposure for both men's and women's soccer. CSTV/Huskyvision is not an adequate platform and becomes even more illogical when fans look at their monthy cable and internet bills and can't justify the added expense while nickel-and-diming the rest of the family budget. It's a good product that deserves TV distribution.

Reaction Score
I believe UConn played in front of more people than any other program in the country last year.

Reaction Score
Then why are you here?

This is exactly what we need - UConn telling people that we're still moving ahead and that we're doubling down on ourselves.

We have three reigning national champions on campus, a world-class basketball facility is named Friday, we've just made a massive leap and commitment in hockey and we're going to build a world-class soccer complex.

This is exactly what you want to see if alignment restarts.

Please God, let Diaco straighten out the football team, but when he does, UConn is the only P5-level athletic department not currently in one of the five conferences - broadly ambitious, broadly successful with the facilities and donors to keep moving forward.

That is what will help us, not sorority-girl s--- like posters in trains and ads on taxi cabs.

I just had to re-read this post 3 times to make sure:

1) It was actually Fishy posting, and
2) there were no "the sky is falling" disclaimers.

We need more of this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01