UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What I liked best about the last two pages of comments is 1. Christyn likes defense! We're losing Kia so if she has "D" in her, she will be a contributor.
2. Both girls talked about the challenge and earning their time on the court at UConn, so hopefully, they walk the walk and will be ready.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As someone on another team's board noted: " The rich get richer." I'm hoping there will be a replay archive. Had the boys game set to record....duh.

Reaction Score
As someone on another team's board noted: " The rich get richer." I'm hoping there will be a replay archive. Had the boys game set to record....duh.
I wouldn’t agree rich getting richer. I think it would more appropriate to say THE best program getting the best players.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
r348707_800x450_16-9.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"Christyn Williams is an athletic, strong, ambidextrous guard who is college-ready and a three-level scorer," says Bret McCormick, publisher of the All-Star Girls Report. "She has a high motor and plays with equal intensity on both sides of the ball. I believe she has a chance to start as a freshman at UConn. More than that, she's a future WNBA star in my view."

Reaction Score
I have CW slotted in to start & take over Kia's slot. Hopefully, she motivates MW, who hasnt lived up to expectations so far.

Reaction Score
So my gut told me Ezi Magbegor wasn't going to come to UCONN (sorry to bring that up in this thread) and i was actually right but my gut also tells me that CW will be that player that brings UCONN back to WCBB supremacy just like Maya and Stewie did.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So my gut told me Ezi Magbegor wasn't going to come to UCONN (sorry to bring that up in this thread) and i was actually right but my gut also tells me that CW will be that player that brings UCONN back to WCBB supremacy just like Maya and Stewie did.
I like your gut. :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Article on Christyn Williams being named the all-Arkansas preps player of the year:

Williams scored 36 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in her first high school game as a freshman. During the 2016 state tournament, Williams scored 41 of her team's 47 points in a quarterfinal victory over Star City. And while her numbers were outstanding, Quattlebaum says the most astonishing thing about Williams was her resiliency.

"She never had a serious injury and that's amazing considering the way she plays," Quattlebaum said. "It's not reckless, but when she gets the ball in her hands and goes to the rim, it's always at full speed."

All-Arkansas Preps Girls Player of the Year: Lady Mustangs star puts up big numbers in final season

Reaction Score
Williams seems like she is a confident player. Haven't really seen that in a freshman in a while and think that's what we've been lacking the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
When Christyn speaks of her motivation to be truly elite like DT and Maya, she now comes into a situation where she can deliver by bringing UConn back into unilateral dominance. It will be fun. :D
I too respect and honor her aspiration to become a UCONN great, potentially have her name on the Huskies of Honor, and whatever other individual pursuits on the basketball court she desires to accomplish but somewhere between the lines, I hope she wants to replicate a specific someone and win 4 NCAA titles herself along the way :cool::D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I too respect and honor her aspiration to become a UCONN great, potentially have her name on the Huskies of Honor, and whatever other individual pursuits on the basketball court she desires to accomplish but somewhere between the lines, I hope she wants to replicate a specific someone and win 4 NCAA titles herself along the way :cool::D

I think she was identifying with players that she can reasonably match her skills against. Stewie plays the game a totally different way. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Article on Christyn Williams being named the all-Arkansas preps player of the year:

Williams scored 36 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in her first high school game as a freshman. During the 2016 state tournament, Williams scored 41 of her team's 47 points in a quarterfinal victory over Star City. And while her numbers were outstanding, Quattlebaum says the most astonishing thing about Williams was her resiliency.

"She never had a serious injury and that's amazing considering the way she plays," Quattlebaum said. "It's not reckless, but when she gets the ball in her hands and goes to the rim, it's always at full speed."

All-Arkansas Preps Girls Player of the Year: Lady Mustangs star puts up big numbers in final season
Very, very few 9th graders start their high school careers with 36 and 14. That got my attention. Christyn is very special.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When Christyn speaks of her motivation to be truly elite like DT and Maya, she now comes into a situation where she can deliver by bringing UConn back into unilateral dominance. It will be fun. :D
Has CW mentioned specific players in interviews? I recall her saying that she wanted to be "legendary," but I don't recall her citing any former Huskies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Has CW mentioned specific players in interviews? I recall her saying that she wanted to be "legendary," but I don't recall her citing any former Huskies.
She said during the post decision ESPN interview when she picked UConn that the player she most wanted to play with is Crystal.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She said during the post decision ESPN interview when she picked UConn that the player she most wanted to play with is Crystal.
Thanks. I recall that. Has she said she wants to be like Diana or anyone else?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom