UConn schedule 2013-14 | The Boneyard

UConn schedule 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
On the UConn Womens BB web site there is a "calendar" tab in the middle of the page. If you click on "view full calendar" and then "change sport" then "basketball (w)" I think the 2013-14 schedule is shown. I tried to create it here for those, like me, who are technology challenged. Hope this is helpful. Let me know any errors and I will fix.

UConn schedule - 2013-14 (@ = away game)

Nov. 1 Gannon Pre-season
5 Philadelphia. Pre-season
9 Hartford
11. Stanford. (ESPN 2)
15 @ Maryland (ESPNU)
17 @ Penn State
20 Oregon
22 Boston Univ.
23 Monmouth
24 St. Bonav.

Dec. 1 Ohio State (ESPN2)
5 UC Davis
17 @ Duke (ESPN2)
22 California(ESPN 2)
29 Cincinnati

Jan. 1 @ UCF
4 @ Memphis
7 Houston
11 Temple
13 @ Baylor ) (ESPN2)
19 @ Rutgers (ESPN2)
22 Memphis
26 USF
28 @ Temple

Feb. 1 @ Cincinnati
4 SMU
9 Louisville (ESPN)
16 @ USF
19 UCF
22@ Houston
25 @ SMU

Mar. 1 Rutgers
3 @ Louisville (ESPN)
7-10 Conf. Tournament

I've noted the three ESPN games from vowel's helpful post....plus ESPN 2 game in December vs Cal...no locations given yet....:(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
its a shame that the Duke game is on a Tuesday night the week before christmas.... I know the students dont usually turn out in big numbers at Cameron for WCBB for the most part.... but since its during the winter break.. there will be just a handful of students in attendance. School will be still in session for the youngsters.... so that will reduce the number of kids and teenagers at the game as well. Ideally... the game would be on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon....but oh well... beggars can't be choosers....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
its a shame that the Duke game is on a Tuesday night the week before christmas.... I know the students dont usually turn out in big numbers at Cameron for WCBB for the most part.... but since its during the winter break.. there will be just a handful of students in attendance. School will be still in session for the youngsters.... so that will reduce the number of kids and teenagers at the game as well. Ideally... the game would be on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon....but oh well... beggars can't be choosers....
What a load of crap. Just a preemptive excuse for you in case Cameron Indoor is empty. ;):p

Reaction Score
Agree. The positive side is the timing of the game may help draw a larger television audience.

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score
Additional thoughts.... ESPN currently has 3 UConn games scheduled, 2 of them are Louisville... The two Texas games are on Saturday, Feb. 22 and Tuesday, Feb 25...one trip,two games..:) The two Florida games are month and a half apart, including Jan 1 at UCF....:eek: Finally, I believe there are 2 exhibitions, 30 regular season games*, then possibly 2 conference tourny games, then possibly 6 NCAA games...40 in all.:cool: just saying.....Go Huskies..!!

*Corrected...

Reaction Score
after the new year the yawning begins, with one competitive game . even rutgers and louisville probably won't be competitive.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If things go the way Im thinking there wont be any competitive games. Duke if they can play defense but I think UConn is just to tuff defensively. This is one of the greatest teams in WCBB history. The maturity of last years freshman class will be huge. Bria is healthy and Stef should be. Kiah will emerge and be developed for the following seasons starting role. This is gonna be a great year, yes boring at time but very exciting to watch. As Alice Cooper once wrote Welcome To Your NightMare.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, yes. I think that it is probable that if any one of our current squad were instead at any other school, she would be a starter and probably a star. It is a shame that they can't all be starters here. But, as Tony once perceptively observed (re the "UT Sixpack"); if they all started. the others would have to come off the bench. (Sort of a ko-an; if you think about it long and hard, grasshoppers, you will feel a sort of zen reality shift.)

Reaction Score
I tried to follow your directions, but all I could pull down was the men's schedule. Odd.

In any event, do these dates show venue (XL Center of Gampel) for home games?

Reaction Score
after the new year the yawning begins, with one competitive game . even rutgers and louisville probably won't be competitive.

I'm surprised there are no ESPN games before January.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Finally, I believe there are 32 regular season games, then possibly 2 conference tourny games, then possibly 6 NCAA games...40 in all.:cool: just saying.....Go Huskies..!!
The first 2 games you list (Gannon and Philadelphia) are exhibition games and do not count in the season's W/L record. Were you counting those when you calculated UConn's 40-game schedule?

Also, the Maggie Dixon classic game against Cal in NYC (Dec 22nd) will be televised on ESPN2.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I'm surprised there are no ESPN games before January.
There are ESPN games before January (e.g., UConn vs. Cal on Dec 22nd), but the Monday and Sunday ESPN programs begin in the new year.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I tried it, but did not see the women's bb option.

I'm just speculating but I wonder if they are working on it and you saw a sneak preview.
The AAC schedule is not supposed to finalized until later int he week.

The normal place for the schedule does not yet have the AAC games

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I also note the Philadelphia game is listed at 6 Nov in one place 5 Nov in your list.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I also just tried to follow DavidinNaples UConn website instructions. No women's basketball schedule. I wonder if it was removed after his posting (not necessarily because of his posting).

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score
Sarg, Phil and roy....sorry for difficulties. I tried on my I-pad and had trouble. The "calendar" box was under picture of Stef. When I clicked "view full calendar" it did not come up. Then I clicked "HTML version" in top right corner. A full sports calendar for all UConn came up. It is month by month, so just go to Nov, then Dec, etc...

Choke....made changes, locations were listed as TBD....Thanks...

Doggy....in the event I have unearthed classified secrets, what should I tell FBI if they come to my door?? :)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I tried it, but did not see the women's bb option.

I'm just speculating but I wonder if they are working on it and you saw a sneak preview.
The AAC schedule is not supposed to finalized until later int he week.

The normal place for the schedule does not yet have the AAC games
DaveinNaples went HERE and month by month selected the WBB games from UConn's overall sports' calendar.

Do you guys really need a Notre Dame fan to help you here? :p

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score
Thanks again choke.....we UConn fans suck at most things....except winning National Championships in Women's Basketball ( men too..)

Sorry, that was cruel and unfair to such a nice person....but it feels so good to be #1...:)

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Sarg, Phil and roy....sorry for difficulties. I tried on my I-pad and had trouble. The "calendar" box was under picture of Stef. When I clicked "view full calendar" it did not come up. Then I clicked "HTML version" in top right corner. A full sports calendar for all UConn came up. It is month by month, so just go to Nov, then Dec, etc...

Choke....made changes, locations were listed as TBD....Thanks...

Doggy....in the event I have unearthed classified secrets, what should I tell FBI if they come to my door?? :)

Thanks David. The person or persons who are supposed to keep the UConn women's basketball site up-to-date must be half asleep. For example, while the roster is correct for the 2013-2014 season, including Saniya Chong, the heading at present is "2012-13 Roster."

Reaction Score
I believe the Stanford game (Nov. 10) is on ESPN2.

Also, if you choose the mobile version of the "uconnhuskies.com" site the schedule comes up right away.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
By my calculations, there will be 17 home games, including the two exhibitions.

This does not take into account the NYC game or the Springfield game.

I recall that my season ticket app stated 7 games in Hartford.

And, don't forget, one game in Bridgeport.

So it appears that there will be 8 games + 2 exhibitions in Gampel; 7 games in Hartford, surely including Stanford; 1 each in NYC and Springfield.

Corrections welcome. Warde Manuel, where are ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom