UConn reporting terrific APR scores | The Boneyard

UConn reporting terrific APR scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anbody take a peek at the Football scores?? Louisville ranked dead last in the APR.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1196887.html
When you are willing to admit Willie Williams into your "university" you are signing on full-steam-ahead for compromising academic integrity. All schools have kids who make poor decisions when they're on campus-they are kids after all and no coach can control everything their players do. "U" of L has shown they are willing to get in bed with anyone apparently.

Reaction Score
I see those scores and some of the schools with high scores and wonder if its that the kids really hit the books, or if it is just amazingly easy to graduate from that school.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
so if Boise's grad rate for students as a whole is only 6% for 4 years, 26% for 6 years, and their APR is 989, than it seems one of two things is going on. either their football players receive a ridiculous amount of help and guidance compared to the average student, or the players get A's for taking a crap in the morning. i tend to lean towards the latter. i have a feeling the back of most cereal boxes are more challenging than a Boise State football player's degree, yet they look like heroes due to the high APR. it's one more reason the NCAA can suck an egg

Reaction Score
The students in the football program must be the only graduates. The rates kind of contradict their mission statement. I think the school was founded to support a football team.

Reaction Score
The students in the football program must be the only graduates. The rates kind of contradict their mission statement. I think the school was founded to support a football team.

Or it could be that APR has nothing to do with graduation and getting a degree, which is in fact the case. You could have 0% graduation and a 1000 APR score. In fact, you could have a 1% real graduation rate, and a 100% graduation success rate (since the NCAA's GSR does not count transfers and kids leaving for the pros in any GSR calculation). So, 1 out of 100 football players may graduate, but if 99 of them leave for the pros or transfer, your GSR is 100%.

Reaction Score
Boise St has been an academic joke for years, yet its inflated APR gives it the aura of academic legitimacy. That's bad enough, but if you want to see the real folly in all of this, consider UConn's NCAA slap down due to its Basketball APR. Know which Basketball program had a perfect APR? ---Memphis.

Reaction Score
How on earth can you have only a 6% grad rate. Do they expel everyone but the football team in their senior year?

Reaction Score
Or it could be that APR has nothing to do with graduation and getting a degree, which is in fact the case. You could have 0% graduation and a 1000 APR score. In fact, you could have a 1% real graduation rate, and a 100% graduation success rate (since the NCAA's GSR does not count transfers and kids leaving for the pros in any GSR calculation). So, 1 out of 100 football players may graduate, but if 99 of them leave for the pros or transfer, your GSR is 100%.

True enough.

They lose almost a third of each freshman class. For curiosity sake, I looked at he SEC numbers, Vandy, UGA and UF are good. As you move west in that conference save Vandy, the scores are not very good. WVU and 'Ville, Cinci and USF for the BE bring up the rear. Was a bit surprised that so many of our colleges graduate less than 55% after 6 years, many under 50%.

Reaction Score
i did see that they had a 26% transfer rate, which is quite high. i seem to recall hearing that Boise was only a 2 year school until about 30 years ago so maybe it's kind of like a WestConn where a lot of students use it as someplace cheaper to go for a few years and then you transfer to get a degree from Idaho. i have no idea, i'm just throwing out theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom